Trainer/ Job Coach
Jobs at:The Sani Foundation Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Sani Foundation is a Zambian NGO with a vision for a society where people with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The Foundation is a Disabled Persons Organizations that works to promote inclusion for persons with intellectual disabilities by designing and piloting scalable models of inclusion. The activities of Sani Foundation are governed by a Board of Directors with varied expertise including disability rights, education, project management, women’s rights, financial management and legal services.
We are currently looking for a Trainer/Job coach for our work based learning program.
WBL – WORK BASE LEARNING, ART TRAINER/JOB COACH
The Trainer will be responsible for the implementation of all activities and for the procurement of the necessary materials, being always aware that all products must be sellable.
• Ensure that raw materials are available for production of crafts
• Record keeping. The trainer will be responsible for maintaining members’ personal records with each member having an up-to-date personal file.
• A quarterly forecast and evaluation book will be maintained, stating specific themes and topics to be taught in all areas, which are linked to practical activities, speakers and visits.
• The curriculum should include a variety of sporting and leisure activities, which will be organized by the teacher in liaison with the project manager and with the treasurer if there is a monetary cost involved. Where feasible this will be done in the afternoons.
• The trainer will work closely with the any Special Education Specialists
• Train the members in production of crafts while identifying the strength, limitations, and interests
• Ensure that quality of crafts meets customer expectations
• Receive orders from individual and corporate customers
• Ensure that orders are produced within a reasonable time to satisfy our clientele
• Organize the selling of goods at flea markets, fundraisers, and other sales points. Ensure that payment is collected for each order and a receipt issued to the customer.
• Grade 12 certificate
• Diploma or higher qualification in a related field
• 1 – 2 Years of experience in a related field
• Able to meet to deadline
• A keen eye for details and particularly good time management skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience working with people/children with Intellectual Disability
• Fluency in English a must and good marketing skills
• A valid driver’s license (but not a necessity)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree