Terms of Reference – MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms of Reference – MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects
Mobilising More for Climate is a ?ve-year program that aims to bring together entrepreneurs, corporates, policymakers, investors and civil society organisations to make green business
propositions. To attract these propositions, or bankable projects, WWF will organize multiple Calls for Business Proposals in selected landscapes in Cameroon and Zambia over the period of 2021-2024. Each Call for Business Proposals will have a thematic focus, de?ned by relevant local landscape challenges. Applicant projects should propose business solutions to tackle the impacts and causes of climate change at a landscape level, contribute to climate-resilient and (gender) inclusive development in the landscapes where they are proposed, and attract investments to implement these initiatives.
The MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects will support WWF Zambia Country Office, herein referred to as “ WWF Zambia”, in engaging groups developing green business propositions, and supporting these groups to access the MoMo4C program.
The focus will be on developers with concrete projects on climate-smart agriculture, forestry, sustainable water management, food security and ecosystem restoration solutions in Zambia. These groups should be working towards building climate-resilient and inclusive interventions within the landscapes where they are proposed.
WWF facilitates public-private collaboration that will scale up such climate action projects at the landscape level. These interventions will attract investments both from investors within and outside of the landscape, while tackling the impacts of climate change. The MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects and WWF need to identify projects that they could work with within the landscapes, and ensure they are included in the MoMo4C pipeline: starting with the initial engagements and ending with the projects exiting the program after receiving development support relevant to their size and objectives.
These groups include i.e. project owners, entrepreneurs, smallholder cooperatives, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and community-based organizations. The consultant will also identify existing bottlenecks in order to promote private sector investment in green business initiatives.
The MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects will report to the MoMo4C Project Manager in Zambia and will closely coordinate with the MoMo4C Project Lead based in Netherlands. The position will start on a 6-month contract with a possibility for extension.
Role and Responsibilities
The main tasks of the MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects will include the following:
• Assist the WWF Zambia offices on origination of bankable projects, engagement with project owners, investors and other financial institutions
• Identify groups working in the impact space that could bene?t from MoMo4C, including:
• Project owners
• Impact investors and funders
• Funds and facilities supporting bankable projects
• Identify current bottlenecks in deploying bankable projects
• Support program candidates in completing applications to MoMo4C
• Ensure the completion and accuracy of the project initiation and documents forms needed to submit to MoMo4C
• Coordinate evaluation and selection process of bankable projects with WWF
• Serve as liaison between WWF and external technical assistance providers
• Research and implement improvements to program design and support
• Support capacity building on green ?nance subjects and bankable nature solutions in the WWF Zambia Office.
• Identify and utilize potential overlaps with other (in- and external) initiatives in WWF landscapes
The MoMo4C Consultant Bankable Projects will be responsible for delivering the following:
Outputs Deliverables Details
• Identification of bankable projects working on climate adaptation and mitigation solutions
• A smooth application and selection process of program participants
• Review, complete and deliver bankable project proposals to the WWF Zambia team
• Support WWF Zambia (national and field) offices with project-related activities
• A value-adding support offering and overall positive program experience for participating projects
• Increased visibility of WWF and the MoMo4C program in Zambia
• Onboard external groups on the MoMo4C program and related activities
• Link MoMo4C with other relevant initiatives, programs and funds in Africa Timesheets:
Using WWF Zambia’s format. NA
To be agreed with WWF Zambia MoMo4C’s team. NA
Weekly update calls to meet with the WWF Zambia MoMo4C’s team on a weekly basis for updates: NA
Monthly progress report:
Based on work plan and timelines, monthly progress report with WWF Zambia MoMo team To be agreeded
Who are you?
The consultant must bring a combination of project management experience and a background in ?nance or business/corporate sustainability.
Quali?cations and Experience
• Degree in the ?eld of Project Management, Economics, Finance or Business
• At least 5 years of experience in project management, business development, private sector ?nance and/or impact investment
• Good understanding of the private and ?nancial sectors
• Full professional ?uency in English and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience with public donors preferred
Desired Skills and Competencies
• Analytical, strategic; sees the big picture
• Ability to convey complex information to a general audience
• Proven organizational, diplomatic and negotiating skills that yield positive results on the sustainability agenda, especially as it relates to the ?nance and business world
• Local or regional experience
• Strong interest in nature conservation and the mission of WWF
• Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals across cultures and time zones
• Independent worker, pro-active in thinking about opportunities to further improve the work
• Prior experience in the following is considered an advantage:
• Pipeline development
• Working with ?nancial institutions
• Working with rural communities
• Understanding of climate risks
• Available between approx. 20 hours per week
• Ability to start within 1 month of receiving
• Able to be contracted to WWF Zambia
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should submit their application no later than 21st April 2022 in a single PDF ?le that includes:
• A cover letter indicating the consultant’s experience with similar assignments
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Contact details for 2 or more references who may be contacted by WWF
• Applications must be submitted to [email protected] , and with the subject line:
Application: momo4c consultant bankable projects
We celebrate and respect diversity in nature and among the people, partners and communities with whom we work. Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are
uni?ed by one mission, one brand, and one common set of values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.