Jobs at:Zambia Sugar Plc
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Technical Trainer (1 Position, First Line Mangement) – Human Resources Department
The position reports to the Learning & Development Manager.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for preparing, conducting and evaluating technical training programs. The role will also be responsible giving guidance and advice to frontline line managers on appropriate approaches to close technical skills gaps.
• Conducts a learning needs analysis for technical operations at the Mills.
• Develops on the job training programmes.
• Participates in factory production meetings.
• Participates in skills development committees.
• Identifies competence gaps during problem solving meetings as part of root cause analysis.
• Produces and submits technical training progress reports to line management.
• Facilitates and manages process trainee, learnerships and apprenticeship programs.
• Provides input into annual L&D budgets.
• Provides on-site coordination of training venues bookings, manages training stationery and housekeeping.
• Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements Areas
• Engineering Diploma or Production Management Diploma
• Assessor and Learning Facilitation Competence Certificates
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Front line Manager in Production or Maintenance
• Ability to communicate effectively and assertively
• Sound interpersonal, planning, influencing, analytical skills and problem solving ability
• Computer Proficiency is essential
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
• Valid driver’s license
• Multi-skill in mechanical and electrical maintenance would be added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport to [email protected] clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.