- Do regular and thorough machine inspections following OEM standards and compile quotations, open and close off jobs, provide detailed maintenance reports to the customer and Komatsu.
- Discuss the above reports with the customer and assist in compiling action plans to rectify the problems as highlighted and maintain open communication channels with the customer and BIA site management team.
- Utilise these reports to also improve parts and service sales to the customer.
- Forward and discuss relevant reports with the National Service and any other related departments so as to highlight warranty, repair and manufacturing or design problems.
- Comply with customer’s safety regulations, safety standards and customer specific safety standards. Consistently monitor that Tag-Out and Lock-Out procedures are being followed.
- Strive to ensure that all people working on the Komatsu equipment are fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in working with this equipment and report unsafe acts to the relevant authorities.
- Drive maintenance initiatives and make recommendations to improve the machine availabilities, maintenance staff and TA’s correct repair procedures and work practices.
- Assist in parts planning, especially that which pertains to maintenance, re-builds and planned work.
1. Self-Training –
- Expected to continuously increase your technical knowledge and expertise through self-study and through the various training courses/programs provided to you by the company or OEM’s
2. Self-Development to a high level of performance with respect to technical product knowledge, troubleshooting, fault finding and equipment application.
3. Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Monitor and evaluate machine availabilities and report these figures to the Manager.
- Assist with compilation of maintenance reports which are to be utilised by the customer when maintaining the equipment.
- Ensures that all required warranty information is provided by the TA in a prompt and timely manner. Assists the TA with compiling data and information required to meet warranty standards and requirements.
- Do basic technical training with the customer and Komatsu Field Service Representatives.
- Manage any Service personnel reporting to him/her and as and when required any contractors that might be reporting to him/her for a temporary period and ensure they comply too the same high standards of workmanship and safety.
- Provide tooling and service related advise to the customer as to promote and improve higher levels of workmanship, reduced labour times, effective troubleshooting and PM-Clinic service.
- Comply with legal environmental health and safety regulations, Komatsu environmental health and safety standards and customer specific environmental health safety standards.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Must have a technical craft certificate
- Minimum of technical diploma or equivalent qualification
- Previous management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
5. Siemens electric drive ruck experience desirable
6. Komatsu electric drive tuck experience
- At least 5 years mining experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience on related earth-moving equipment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership, Mentoring and Team Building capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have mine site operations experience
- Good understanding of maintenance philosophy
- Good inter-personal skills
- Computer literate
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net .