Supervisor, Oil Lab
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
• To ensure that all the laboratory instruments are operational, calibrated and standardized•
• Responsible for ensuring that all the tests in the laboratory are performed as per stipulated methods and quality control measures and results are accurately logged in the LIMS
• Managing staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Screen and schedule workload, tasks and projects.
• Monitoring work, develop staff skills and evaluating performance.
• Identifying and resolving workflow and production issues.
• Ensuring establishment and revision of Laboratory polices and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality system.
• Preparing and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures. Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports.
• Ensure machines are serviced, calibrated, standardized and are in good working condition.
• Should have a deep understanding of oil analysis ASTM methods and tests such as Microscopic Analysis, Water in Oil tests, Elemental Analysis tests, ISO4406, DGA, Breakdown Voltage, FTIR, TBN/TAN, Ferrous Debris Analysis, Diesel in Oil Analysis and Quality tests for Greases
• Developing of Analytical Methods for the following technologies:
• Spectrometry and Spectroscopy
• KF Coulometric
• Monitoring the usage of consumables and carry out stock taking to avoid run outs.
• Train laboratory personnel to perform various tests.
• Ensure that laboratory control processes are adhered to.
• Ensure the laboratory is kept clean at all times.
• Maintaining good working relationships with external customers
• Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Minimum of a Diploma in Laboratory Technology or related Fields.
• Diploma/ degree in Engineering or equivalent will be added advantage
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• 4 Years work experience in oil laboratory set up.
• Team worker
• Bold initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Technical Skill
• Driving Skill
• Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
• Very good verbal communication skills.
• A high standard of computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Office.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.