- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for planning and execution of operational and financial audits as identified in the Internal Audit Annual Plan and assist the Manager Internal Audit and Risk and Internal Audit Superintendent in the direction of the department. The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing business operations of the whole FQM group, helping to drive improvements in economy, effectiveness and efficiency, promoting awareness of business risk, examine business processes to highlight any areas where it appears FQM could improve, provide assurance that our compliance requirements are met and report our findings to FQM senior management. The role offers an unrivalled opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of FQM managers and operations throughout the group, so the individual will build their knowledge and understanding of the FQM business.
Key Responsibilities :
- Prepare Terms of Reference for each review project they are in charge of and pass on to the Internal Audit Superintendent and Manager Internal Audit and Risk for review and onward transmission to FQM Management.
- Complete work programmes assigned with minimal supervision and also prepare meaningful work programmes during planning internal audit reviews.
- Use the audit software tool effectively and efficiently on all reviews assigned to document all work done in line with the FQML Internal Audit Manual and FQML Internal Audit Policy.
- Perform allocated audit assignments with integrity, objectivity avoiding any conflict of interest and act independently.
- Complete work plan (adjust as needed), prepare schedule of findings, draft report and discuss with local FQM management.
- Attend opening and close out meetings for all reviews assigned.
- Provide regular feedback to the Internal Audit Superintendent throughout the audit review to ensure all deadlines, requirements and standards are being met correctly
- Undertake risk based system reviews of business systems in line with the FQML Internal Audit Manual and FQML Internal Audit Policy.
- Carry out investigations into suspected frauds or other irregularities as directed by the Manager Internal Audit and Risk or Internal Audit Superintendent.
- Assist with administrative activities around the office at every possible opportunity by checking Visa validity and make travel arrangements for reviews in Zambia and outside.
- Provide feedback to the Internal Audit Superintendent on any new audit techniques and methodologies, legislation and internal policies and regulations insofar as they relate to the assigned duties and responsibilities of the post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Graduate from a recognized university.
- Internationally recognized professional internal audit, risk or accountancy qualification or study towards.
- At least four years’ experience in auditing and accounting.
- Experience of supporting the development of audit strategies and plans in leading risked based audits.
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication, accounting, analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong Personal computer and MS Office skills.
- Ability to promote safety in the workplace.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Operating knowledge of ERP system preferred.
- Proven communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate drive and ambition in meeting and exceeding management expectations.
- Independent, trustworthy, ethical and resilient
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet specific work demands.
- Must be able to travel internationally for periods of up to three weeks away from home. Role involves up to 50% travel time.
- Must hold a passport with no restrictions on international travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s Licence.