Supervisor, FEL Truck Shop
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
Supervise a group of team members using effective feedback and communication of company goals and targets while assessing work performance and identifying areas for improvement and training opportunities. Communicate the business goals, work deadlines, and staff performance with coordinator.
Specific Job Responsibility
• Ensure that your section works to a weekly plan, provide coaching and mentoring for area shift supervisors. Attend weekly planning meetings, review Weekly plans to ensure that they are realistic and achievable. Ensure area supervisors are completing paperwork timely and of the highest quality and all information is getting back to the planners to update the CMMS
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement in Drill Maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all subordinates. These wins are to be communicated across the section and key players openly recognized. Continually assess the tooling and equipment to do the job safely and effectively, procure additional resources if necessary
• Provide leadership and mentoring for area shift Supervisors and Artisan Mechanics including on-going training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensuring the right people are in the right job.
• To oversee the execution of the weekly plan for the maintenance activities of the Drills by providing direction to the shift Supervisors and the maintenance crews. Ensure the unplanned breakdown work is managed effectively and all work captured in Pronto. Ensure PM inspections are being carried out to the highest quality and all corrective work is identified before becoming a breakdown
• Actively participate in all section activities, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications. Liaise with other cross functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
• Provision of technical advice for existing plant / equipment and development projects. Managing visiting consultants. Fault finding and failure analysis.
Experience & Qualifications
• Must have Grade 12 Certificate
• Minimum Diploma in Mining Engineering or relevant field
• Must have a valid driver’s licence
• Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an open pit setup Strong leadership, supervisory skills, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills.
• Ability to meet challenging deadlines in an efficient and profitable manner.
• Computer knowledge – MS Outlook email and MS Excel
• Electrical knowledge
• Ability to recommend proper procedures for specific jobs and provide guidance to teams
Job Specific Competencies
• Team work, leadership, result orientated, problem solving, decision making, responsibility, communication skills
• Constructs, installs, and repairs equipment and machinery
• Diagnoses equipment problems and determines repairs needed
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease Turn-around times and streamline work processes.
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
• Repairs, overhauls, maintains, and services diesel powered vehicles, heavy trucks, heavy mining equipment, graders, dump trucks, and excavators
• Repairs, overhauls, maintains and services fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery
• Repairs, overhauls, maintains and services drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
• Practices workplace safety Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
• Diagnose defects in heavy duty mining equipment.
• Inspect, repair and adjust diesel powered units as per procedures and specifications.
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
• Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service to the mine.
• Perform mechanical repairs on mining equipment in the workshop, PM bay, in-pit or anywhere within the mine premises when required.
• Operate automotive servicing equipment, e.g. service trucks, grease trucks, breakdown vehicle etc.
• Accurate completion of work orders and time sheets.
• Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
• Install and align engines on machinery.
Key Job Attributes
• Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
• Possesses good organizational skills
• Good oriented person
• Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
• Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
• Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
• Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
• Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
• Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
• The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
• Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
• Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.