- Company: Mary Begg Health Services
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Zambia
PURPOSE OF ROLE
At MBHS, the storeman (medicines and consumables) works closely with the warehouse controller to ensure medicines and consumable stock numbers are maintained at acceptable levels and the quality of medicines is preserved whilst in the warehouse. He/she packs and unpacks stock into the warehouse and arrange for packed items to be dispatched to the Head Office Admin Building for delivery. Warehouse pharmacy stock are stored in accordance with Mary Begg good storage procedure and all legal requirements for storing, handling and managing medicines in the warehouse are met and upheld at all times.
Our storeman conducts himself/herself in a professional manner and always demonstrates good customer service towards all MBHS employees and external suppliers.
- Ensure that the warehouse floor and shelves are clean from dust, moisture and all areas are free from rodents.
- Ensure that no stock is kept directly on the floor without the use of pallets and also ensure that direct sunlight is not in contact with any pharmaceuticals.
- Receive packing list generated from the Warehouse Order Form and pack appropriate items for dispatch to the Head Office Admin Building for dispatch in a timely manner.
- Inform the internal orders controller of when the stock boxes will be ready for dispatch so that the clinic’s pharmacist can plan accordingly.
- Clearly mark all items on the list as packed and double check to ensure the list and the packed items tally before sealing the box for dispatch.
- Collect picking slips from the internal orders controller for picking and parking. This involves taking items from shelf, parking in container, issuing stock from bin card, sealing cartoon, placing a correct label and moving boxes to a dispatch area for collection by a designated Mary Begg driver.
- Advice short stock items in advance (at least two weeks) to the Internal Store Management for further action and procurement.
- Receive external orders confirmed delivery note of stock and accordingly update the purchase order with regards to quantities of stock received.
- Unpack all external orders into Central Stores. Check received quantities against the purchase order for correct quantity, inspect goods for discrepancies and check expiry date to ensure stock received has a long shelf life then finally, pack all stock on shelves properly.
- Update bin cards with received stock. When stock is received in the warehouse, items are entered in the understated fields with the date when item is received, reference number, supplier name, received quantity, batch number, balance of received items plus existing stock.
- Manage and maintain the manual bin cards and monthly Pastel/ Bin cards comparisons to ensure all inventory is accounted for. Report all discrepancies to the Warehouse controller for action.
- Ensure daily room and fridge temperature is checked, recorded and is falling within the accepted range. Ensure temperature in the fridge falls between 2 to 8 degrees Celsius and room temperature ranges between 15 to 25 degrees Celsius and thermometers in place are functional. Document daily temperatures for the fridge and room.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Warehouse Controller/ Supply Chain Manager within your scope of practice.
- Full grade 12 Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics
- Advanced Certificate in CIPS
- 2 years and above work experience
- Computer literacy, excel working knowledge a must
- Exposure in FMCG environment is added advantage
- Should be of sober character
- Current member of CIPS and ZIPS