Social Development Specialist
Jobs at:Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Zambia , Chingola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd is a dynamic and vibrant Company providing water and sanitation services in the Municipalities of Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. At Mulonga, all employees play a crucial role in moving the company “towards purified excellence”. Thus Mulonga acknowledges the importance of having a team that will actualize its objectives and ultimately transform Mulonga into “the most admired utility in Africa”. To ensure this is achieved, Mulonga commits to attract and retain the best employees through a systematic talent management process.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to join the team in the positions listed below.
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation employees are also encouraged to apply for the position.
1 x Social Development Specialist (2 years’ contract)
Reporting to the Director – Infrastructure Development, the job holder shall be responsible for guiding and educating/informing communities in all areas of the project during implementation through the recognized community committees on the running of sustainable water supply schemes to ensure cost recovery after project implementation.
Summary of Main Accountabilities
• Identify potential communities that would benefit from the project activities/works.
• Designing community approaches for community and stakeholder sensitisation and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of the selected approaches.
• Providing relevant technical support to the local leadership in the identified target communities to get the communities buy-in to the project;
• Facilitating consultations and bringing together target communities and relevant stakeholders to discuss and agree on a working relationship during project implementation;
• Designing and facilitating stakeholder workshops and other relevant meetings to present and discuss the main findings and recommendations arising from the consultative processes;
• Providing a link between technical staff and the community and ensuring productive and sustained dialogue between the two parties, and any other institutions in the areas;
• Promoting the concept of community participation and instilling civic and community responsibilities in the residents and enhancing awareness for the sustainable running of the water and sanitation system;
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Full Grade 12/ Form 5 Certificate
• B.A Degree in Social Work, Community Development, Development Studies or related field. A Master’s Degree in a related field will be added advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience in mobilising and organising Community based programmes two of which should be on donor funded projects. Experience of working on water projects will be added advantage.
• Valid Driver’s License (Ability to Drive Manual Vehicle)
• Experience in working and coordinating with stakeholders to achieve set project objectives.
• Experience in project proposal writing/evaluation and preparation of reports to solicit stakeholder buy-ins.
• Experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools for community projects and preparing monthly progress reports on the area activities for Project Implementation Teams
• Experience in formulating and coordination of community information dissemination and data collection.
• Computer literate in MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint and conversant with basic Presentation Skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates and names of three referees to the address below or Email to [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 14th September, 2021 .
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – Towards Purified Excellence”