Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor – Shovels
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Serviceman
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor – Shovels, you will be responsible for the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and development within the maintenance area, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consistent monitoring of systems and processes to achieve optimal shovel maintenance and productivity. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Lubricating moving parts of Shovels and Excavators in the pit and other active mining areas.
- Changing oil in machine reservoirs; cleaning and replacing oil filters.
- Ensuring that automatic lubrication equipment’s and systems operates correctly.
- Ordering and replenishing of lubes and oils.
- Filling of grease and oils in machine reservoirs and automatic dispensers.
- Completing inspection reports other documentation related to oils and lubrication of equip.
- Removing superfluous oils and grease from machinery.
- Complies with applicable company laws, regulations, and guidelines regarding health, safety, and environmental protection.
- Cleaning of equipment during planned maintenance and breakdowns.
- Able to read and interpret MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate.
- At least 3 years of experience in continuous operations in a mining environment driving a 15 ton light truck or higher.
- Ability to interpret Standard operating procedures and manuals.
- Certificate of service from any recognized organization will be an added advantage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license of class C or higher.
- Must have knowledge on equipment oils and lubes.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .