Position: Senior Technical Advisor
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Manager – Heavy Mobile Equipment
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Senior Technical Advisor.
Reporting to the Manager – Heavy Mobile Equipment, you will be responsible for Improving the effectiveness of the HME maintenance execution teams by providing technical guidance to Superintendents as well as Electrical and Mechanical Technical Advisors. Take the lead on analysing, assessing and continuously improving the reliability of heavy machinery equipment from a maintenance execution perspective. Further identify, develop, and implement improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of HME maintenance execution teams. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out structured routine safety inspections in cooperation with maintenance coordinators.
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining teams.
- Take full responsibility for the performance, competency development and work execution of the technical advisors in the maintenance execution teams.
- Participate in the preparation and control of cost budgets for maintenance teams.
- Develop continuous improvement strategies and communicate and apply accordingly.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems.
- statutory requirements.
- Lead compliance with LMC’s environmental and social policies and procedures and overarching statutory requirements.
- Review, develop and take the lead on the implementation of OEM’s maintenance practices.
- Support superintendents to ensure the achievement of the availability and reliability targets and all contractual obligations are met.
- Support superintendents in ensuring that OEM’s adhere to reporting and planning obligations per the MARCs.
- Work with reliability engineers to ensure equipment availability is improved by providing technical input to tactical plans and root cause analyses.
- Participate fully in structured business improvement programs to identify opportunities and implement strategies to deliver improved performance.
- Mentor and provide training for technical advisors and ensure quality of maintenance is improved and controlled. Further develop a fit-for-purpose quality control plan for the HME fleets.
- Participate in the mentoring/development of Zambian staff to international standards of experience, training and performance.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Industrial Engineering.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
- At least 15 years maintenance and engineering experience.
- Extensive experience in heavy machinery equipment maintenance.
- Certified applicable trade qualifications in electrical, electronic and mechanical disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain both medium and high voltage systems.
- Prior experience in similar roles as an expatriate will be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of a recognized CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems), preferably SAP.
- A recognised SHEQ Management System certification will be advantageous.
Holder of a valid driver’s License.Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .