Zambia Information and Communications Technology Authority
Reference # 001SNRINS
Location Lusaka, Zambia
Job Functions Engineering
Industries ICT – Information & Communications Technology
- Coordinate, plan and implement approved changes in the regions within operational requirements to meet changing priorities and improve efficiency in conducting imports control, regulatory compliance and trade facilitation;
- Ensure all importations of electronic communication equipment made via ports of entry in areas of jurisdiction are type approved and revenue collected is properly accounted for;
- Provide appropriate advice to Management on all operational matters relating to inspectorate offices at ports of entry within areas of jurisdiction;
- Ensure development and implementation of appropriate inspection strategies and work rota;
- Establish and maintain effective contact and liaison with government agencies present at ports of entry, industry and trade stakeholders;
- Resolve escalations of non-compliance at ports of entry in the areas of jurisdiction;
- Offer technical support to inspectors at ports of entry;
- Coordinate destination inspections for consignees within the areas of jurisdiction;
- Maintain a database of importation of electronic communication equipment;
- Represent ZICTA in monthly border committee meetings; and
- Coordinate interventions of inspectors in Asycuda World platform.
- Minimum qualification being a Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications engineering
- At least three (3) years of post-qualification work experience.
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in certification of electronic communication equipment;
- Detailed knowledge of standards and tests used for certification of electronic communication equipment and interpretation of their test report;
- Conversant with the incoterms used in international trade;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Asycuda World Platform and operations at ports of entry into Zambia;
- Knowledge of emerging communication technologies;
- Conversant with type approval regulations and requirements;
- Competence in Microsoft office packages – Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A valid Class B driver’s licence;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; and
- Honesty and integrity.
Job Closing Date 02/12/2021
To apply for this job please visit zicta.jb.skillsmapafrica.com .