Senior Credit Officer
Jobs at:Tyre-King Enterprises Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To undertake accounting duties within prescribed policies and procedures in order to support Tyre-King Limited’s operations and objectives. The post is responsible for ensuring debts are collected timely, a compilation of accurate receivables position, transcription of data from source documents, receivables reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, and including deliberate actions to enhance cash flow.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Collection of outstanding amounts as per statements and ensuring that monies are collected within the credit period given.
• Receivables account reconciliation and submitting reconciled position by the 4th of every month to management.
• Updating customer’s ledger database (details of addresses, contact numbers, and credit limits)
• Processing of daily receipts and allocating these to the rightful debtors and sales accounts through the senior cashiers and credit officer.
• Ensure that all customers records are properly filed as per Tyre King procedures
• Ensure that all policies and procedures on debtors and credit control are adhered to.
• Review customer accounts daily and reports to Management delinquent accounts requiring special efforts as well as attention, including recommendations for possible litigation.
• Daily checking and identifying transfers from customers, receipting and posting them to the respective customer accounts within 24hrs.
• Preparation of debtors reports including debt to sales ratios that clearly show (positive/negative) in balances on a monthly basis.
• Review of credit sales on daily basis and regularizing/querying unapproved sales and report to management in a timely manner in case of outliers.
• Analyze customer accounts to review the credit limits.
• To ensure all customer account reconciliations are done on a monthly basis and statements sent out to all credit customers by the 3rd of every month.
• Ensure standard follow-up letters are sent to all defaulting customers to avoid debts graduating into older ages. Customers whose debts graduate from one age to another should be checked and discussed with directors for suspension.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Full ACCA or its equivalent
• Member of ZICA.
• Knowledge of NAVISION Accounting software and Microsoft office.
• At least 3 years work relevant work experience in the credit department/management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, and problem-solving skills.
• Good organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work in a team
• Possess a valid driver’s license as an added advantage.
• Must be Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your detailed CV which includes three referees, qualification certificates and a cover letter that states why you think you should be selected for this job, to The Human Resource Manager, Lusaka, email [email protected] .