Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. In order to achieve this objective, Zambia Gold Company Limited will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licenses and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting, and processing gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic, and performance-driven to fill the following positions:
Security Officer X 1
: Kasenseli Gold Project-Mwinilunga
Department : Alluvial Gold Processing
Report to : Project Manager
To provide security, site access control services and assistance to the assigned project and jobsite activities. To assist in the implementation of security programs that are incorporated into the project construction activities, develop an effective working relationship with allocated project personnel, and advise their supervisors regarding their progress, any issues, and actions required. To ensure adequate investigations are carried out in order to promote industrial security which when not handled well results into loss of company property and revenue.
- Secure premises and personnel by guarding and patrolling property;
- Enforce access control and maintain security data;
- Detect and prevent crime;
- Implement access control measures including physical and electronic measures;
- Sensitize employees on security-related issues;
- Supervise subcontracted Security Guards;
- Direct investigation of security incidents to establish the severity causes and initiate remedial action
- Ensure that all the daily security operations run smoothly and effectively
- Investigates any suspicious activities that take place and report unlawful activities such as theft or vandalism to Project Manager for further action
- Follow up with police and courts on various outstanding cases of theft to
- recover property and ensure that justice is done.
- Liaise with government security wings to ensure quality service delivery.
Qualifications and experience
Full Grade 12 Certificate
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology/Psychology, Social Psychology, Public Administration or any other social sciences
Police or Military Training necessary
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
5 years relevant experience in a reputable organization with a traceable record.
Experience in criminal investigations will be an added advantage.
Ability to communicate effectively in English
Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
Integrity and Honesty
Reliability and dependability
Valid Driver’s license
Zambia Gold Company Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, color, tribe, disability, or religion.
Interested, suitably qualified, and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and a copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday, 1st April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Gold Company Limited
Kudu Road, Kabulonga
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to