Safety Health & Environment Officer
Jobs at:Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Zambia , Chingola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd is a dynamic and vibrant Company providing water and sanitation services in the Municipalities of Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. At Mulonga, all employees play a crucial role in moving the company “towards purified excellence”. Thus Mulonga acknowledges the importance of having a team that will actualize its objectives and ultimately transform Mulonga into “the most admired utility in Africa”. To ensure this is achieved, Mulonga commits to attract and retain the best employees through a systematic talent management process.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to join the team in the positions listed below.
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation employees are also encouraged to apply for the position.
1 x Safety Health & Environment Officer (2 years contract)
• Reporting to the Social Development Specialist the job holder will safeguard the health and safety of employees, public, properties as well as managing and protecting the environment to ensure compliance to all statutory regulations and requirements
Summary of Main Accountabilities
• Coordinates health safety and environmental issues in the organisation
• Implements and monitor the company’s safety health and environmental management systems
• Ensures company compliance to statutory regulations in terms of safety health and environment
• Implements preventive actions and emergency plan and report safety health and environmental performance to ensure continuous improvement.
• Participates in undertaking risk assessment, inspections/audits and notify relevant managers of findings or shortfalls and advise on require remedial action.
• Ensures personal protective equipment are provided and used correctly with due regard to the prevailing workplace hazards
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) O Levels
• Diploma in Occupational Safety/ Environmental Studies
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a comparable organisation
• Valid Driver’s License (Ability to Drive Manual Vehicle)
• Considerable specialised diplomacy is a prime requirement;
• Analysis of relatively complex problems
• Make decisions within broad parameters
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates and names of three referees to the address below or Email to [email protected] not later than Tuesday, 14th September, 2021 .
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – Towards Purified Excellence”