Rooms Division Manager
Jobs at:Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rooms Division Manager
Legacy Hilltop Africa Limited (the Lodge) is a faith-based, Christian Organization. The property, which is situated in Meanwood, off Great East Road, is comprised of 58 guest accommodations and 2 Presidential Suites. All of these guest rooms and suites are of the highest quality, with an Ensuite bathroom including tub and walk-in glass shower, individual air conditioning, and private balconies, many with sweeping views from the hilltop. We are seeking to hire qualified candidates for the position of Rooms Division Manager
• Regular inspecting that rooms are made and cleaned as per the Lodge’s standard
• Responsible for cleanliness and appearance of the entire Lodge public areas
• Regularly inspect guest rooms, public areas to ensure that they are kept as per the Lodge’s standard.
• Coordinating of the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with Maintenance department.
• Developing and utilising check lists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
• Organise, plan and control pest eradication activities
• Maintains and is responsible for all lost and found items and sends correspondence to the rightful owners
• Maintain Par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies and Linen to ensure consistency in standards.
• Ensure that the Laundry section is of high standard and proper chemicals are being used as per the lodge’s standard
• Ensure that the Lodge’s décor is met or exceeded.
• Should immediately attend to guest requests and resolve guest complaints.
• Approve the duty rosters always considering the hotel status (arrival, Departure and occupancy)
• Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring of staff.
• Should be aware of the day’s business both in room occupancy and special requirements and VIP needs and monitors them.
• Verifying of accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated
• Liaise with reception regarding VIP guests and special need requests
• Ensures the delivery of all message’s and packages in a timely and professional manner
• Enforcing all cash handling and credit policies
• Operates all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis.
• Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by the Night Audit
• Maintains all pars of all Front office and Stationary supplies
• Ensure quality controls are in place for all linen processing
• Inspects and insures that linen which is distributed to the user departments is of high quality and is free from any tears and spots.
• Ensures that linen which is issued to the Food & Beverage outlets is as per requisition
• Schedules preventive maintenance of laundry equipment and coordinate with the maintenance team for any maintenance issues.
• Ensures that proper procedure is followed when linen or uniforms need to be discarded and a report is raised.
• Responsible for proper running of equipment’s and proper amounts of chemicals
• Carry out stock take as per management policy
• Manage customer service quickly and efficiently
• Ensures linen and laundry supplies are ordered and controlled in line with the business.
• Sends a monthly inventory report to the Financial Controller
• Takes part in screening, interviews and selection of potential employees
• Checks that staff meets and exceeds internal customer service expectations by training and encouraging staff to use Highly professional service principles and standards
• Identifies training needs, and makes sure staff receives training, including skills training to produce consistent results
• Prepares reports for Management Information
• Assists with the preparation of annual Departmental budgets
• Prepares revenue and occupancy forecasting
• To enforce all cash handling, check-cashing and credit policies
• Maximises room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status on a daily basis.
• Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
• Adheres to all health, sanitation and Chemical safety rules and regulations, and makes sure that all staff adheres to these and fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
• Ensures that emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
• Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
• Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, appropriate uniform, appearance, and conduct is maintained by all employees in the department
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management
• Proven work experience as a Rooms Division Manager in a Hotel/Resort
• Experience in Hotel Management Software
• Excellent communication skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All Applications should be sent to [email protected] . Closing date is Monday, 11th April, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.