Tracking Code10319Job Description
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is leading a consortium of partners in the implementation of the recently awarded USAID End Malaria Program (EMP). This is a 5-year Cooperative Agreement. In partnership with Jhpiego and the Zambia Centre for Communication Programs (ZCCP), guided by the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan and in collaboration with the End Malaria Council (EMC), the End Malaria Program (EMP) will build on the PATH learning and momentum achieved as the lead for PMI’s Program for Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO). In line with PMI’s strategy, the EMP will assist the GRZ to accelerate progress toward its goal of eliminating local malaria infection and disease in Zambia by achieving high levels of effective coverage with high-quality malaria control interventions, leading to major reductions in malaria prevalence, incidence, severe disease, and death in four focal high-burden provinces: Luapula, Northern, Muchinga, and Eastern.
PATH now seeks to recruit an experienced Research and Learning Specialist to work on the EMP project in Zambia. The Research and Learning Specialist shall work under the direct supervision of the Strategic Information Advisor and shall be responsible for coordinating and managing all research work in EMP. The Research and Learning Specialist shall support the identification of research topics, produce research protocols, field and monitor studies, and produce research reports.
- Participate in the identification of research topics and creating research questions for the research to be undertaken by EMP
- Designing, including, where relevant, the determination of study populations, clusters, and data sources and responsible for making informed decisions on the types of research to be carried out based on the research need.
- Working with a research team will be responsible to collect data, prepare the data for analysis, conduct data analysis, and produce research reports.
- Prepare research sites including creating linkages with and informing relevant partners, stakeholders, and research participants on the research EMP are conducting in the district, its purpose, and its usefulness.
- Coordinate and support the recruitment, training, deployment, and demobilization of research teams and ensure that all relevant documentation required for advertising, hiring, and retaining research teams are properly processed and filed.
- Supervise research teams during data collection exercises ensuring adherence to ethical research standards and prescribed protocols.
- Ensure that all research-related documentation, particularly research protocols, study instruments such as questionnaires, consent forms, and ascent forms, are properly filed and secured as per the approved ethical requirements and standards.
- Manage electronic data collection processes. This includes but not limited to ensuring electronic gadgets for data collection are in good working condition, data stored on those gadgets are safeguarded, and the electronic transmission of data is timely and efficient. Ensure that all data is appropriately backed up and safely stored in accordance with prescribed confidentiality standards.
- Participate in research planning, progress review, and dissemination meetings as appropriate
- Produce research process reports detailing what was done, how it was done, and the key lessons learned for donor reporting and future reference.
- Participate in data analysis, research report writing, and dissemination as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties assigned to her/him by the Chief of Party or their designate.
- A Master’s degree in demography, development studies, or development economics.
- A minimum of five (05) years’ experience working in a research environment, managing research including research assistant’s supervision, data collection, electronic data management, and data analysis as well as research reporting.
- Advanced data analysis skills with experience and competency in the use of data analysis software such as STATA, SPSS, R, etc. is required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office, particularly, Microsoft excel and Microsoft Access
- Good communication skills, independent worker, and a team player.
- Work experience in an NGO environment will be an added advantage.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationLusaka, Lusaka, ZambiaCompany LocationZambia, LusakaPosition Type
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .