Position: Reliability Analyst (x 1)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Planning and Reliability
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Reliability Analyst (x 1)
Reporting to the Coordinator – Planning and Reliability, you will be responsible for supporting the operations in maximising the utilisation of the assets through safe, cost effective and reliable equipment. This is achieved through collaboratively working with the operations team on equipment strategy development, life cycle cost analysis, reliability improvement and reliability processes and practices . Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop whole of life equipment strategies that utilize RCM processes that meet legislative, OEM and Company requirements, and, include technical requirements for equipment strategy documents, spares requirements, repair specifications, and, QA / QC requirements
- Develop Life Cycle Cost models that optimise life cycle costs and identify repair v replacement decisions
- Improve equipment reliability through asset condition and integrity reviews, equipment strategy validation, equipment root cause analysis, component hour analysis reviews, equipment technical support and undertaking improvement projects
- Manage reliability processes such as defect elimination, root cause analysis, lubrication, condition monitoring, and, QA / QC
- Ensure compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions and ensure that all relevant standards are adhered to in the project environment.
- Ensure controlled document management system is in place and maintained for all electronic drawings and equipment manuals Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Industrial Engineering.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Minimum of 2 years mining experience focused on either mobile fleet or fixed plant
- Competency in equipment strategy development using RCM methods, life cycle costing, root cause analysis (RCA) and defect elimination processes
- Competent in condition monitoring techniques and data interpretation inclusive of oil condition, thermography, vibration analysis, thickness testing
- Statutory compliant awareness – Mining Regulation and International Standards relevant to mining equipment
- Experience in interpretation and working with engineering drawings
- Holder of a valid driver’s License. Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks . ‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
- Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
- Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .