Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the
position of Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC)
Location: Chipata, Eastern Province
Work Sche dule: Full Time 40 hours/Week
Starting Salary: o/a ZMW 294,935.00/Annum
The Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC) is a full time position under the direct supervision of the Director of Provincial Operations and Program Performance (DPOPP). The Provincial Program Coordinator is the official representative for Peace Corps in the Province and is responsible for coordinating Peace Corps activities in the Province. He/she will be responsible for advancing Peace Corps/Zambia’s mission and supporting the needs of all Peace Corps Volunteers based in and visiting the Province.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements:
- Education/Certification: Advanced diploma in the field of education, public administration, public health, agriculture (forestry or aquaculture).
- Years of Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in project management, public administration, public health, agriculture, community development, or a related field in Zambia.
- At least one year of professional experience managing petty cash/imprest funds/budgets.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have a valid Zambian driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years and a clean record.
- Demonstrated ability to drive manual 4×4 vehicles is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a medical clearance for driving and SMITH driving certification in accordance with Peace Corps Zambia and U.S. Embassy requirements.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Supervisory and professional experience working in Eastern Province.
- Professional experience with a donor funded, multi-cultural organization.
- Knowledge of Peace Corps development philosophy and the role of Volunteers in development.
- Mechanical skills for maintenance and repairs.
- Good working knowledge of the commonly (spoken and written) local languages.
Method of Application
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, CV, educational certifications, driving license, and at least three traceable references must be submitted.
Only email applications will be accepted and should be addressed to: Email: ZM01- clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email.
(E.g. John Doe, Provincial Program Coordinator) Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained. The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.