The Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Production Manager in the day-to-day management of resources and information, scheduling, planning and executing production activities, ensuring that plans are implemented, deliverables and production deadlines are met are met and goals are achieved.
The work is varied includes forward planning, developing project strategies, monitoring the production schedules and work plans, coordinating transport and team movements, supply chain management, marketing and PR activities, providing casting, crew and facilities information and back stopping in other departments as required. The Production Coordinator will be involved at all stages of the project, working alongside all departments from planning stages until completion.
In general, the Production Coordinator assists in making sure that the project runs smoothly, stays within budget and on schedule, by communicating effectively, planning meticulously, being a team player, proactive, resourceful, solution oriented, decisive and carrying out duties as assigned within stipulated timeframes.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read, study and analyze the series bible, series arcs, scripts, character profiles/bios, and other content creative documents for the Series, to get a clear understanding of the material, providing feedback, creative input, identifying continuity issues, raising concerns over challenges, contributing to creative solutions and improve the quality of work.
• Understand the significance of scenes and how they fit into the overall program structure.
• Liaise and consult with the Executive Producer, Producer [s] and Director [s] to ensure understanding of the series’ creative vision and with heads of various departments to understand their needs.
• Supporting the Series’ creative vision, goals and objectives
• Developing project strategies.
• Check scripts and script breakdowns, liaising with the Production Manager to ensure that the needs and requirements of each department have been adequately provided.
• Looking forward in the shooting schedules and daily call sheets to ensure clear understanding of what, when and where activities have been scheduled for a respective day.
• Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
• Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
• Providing administrative support as required:
• Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings as required ; chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
• Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
• Create and maintain a production management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
• Keeping contact databases up to date.
• Distributing & collecting time sheets
• Coordinate cast and crew logistical requirements:
• Organize transport and travel arrangements for cast, crew and production executives and the movement of equipment and supplies.
• Processing transport requests
• Prepare, distribute and coordinate daily transport schedules/movement orders.
• Supervise drivers, fueling and maintenance of vehicles, ensuring that they are in optimum condition and road worthy.
• Organize accommodation for cast, crew and production executives.
• Run errands for and between the production office and other departments.
• Keeping track of timings during production to ensure provisions adequate provision is made for transport, catering and other necessary supplies.
• Organizing couriers and shipments
• Back stopping in other departments as required
• Maintaining a good atmosphere and spirit amongst the team and in the workplace.
• Taking the position seriously as it is an important, respected and crucial role.
• Maintain a balance between efficiency, creativity and quality
• Adhering to and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Determining and/or accommodating project changes.
• Immediately bring any issue that arises to the attention of the Production Manager
• Fulfill any other obligations related to production of the Series
• Maintains EIM and client confidence and protects operations by keeping all administrative, content, financial and legal documents, files and information confidential.
• Undertaking project tasks as required.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ensures that he/she adheres to health and safety protocols including COVID 19 preventative measures.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• EIM reserves the right to review and adjust the terms of reference from time to time depending on the requirements of the production.
• Weekly Work plans
• Daily Transport Schedule
• Daily Vehicle Checklist
• Daily Mileage Logs
• Daily Activity Reports
• Cast & Crew Timesheets
• Monthly Progress Reports
• Final Project Post Mortem Report
• Performance Appraisals
• Deliverables as required and communicated in writing from time to time
Skills and Competencies
• Minimum Grade 12 Certificate (post qualification especially in Project Management an added advantage)
• In depth knowledge of the TV/film and/or entertainment industry or minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management or coordination.
• Time-management and organizational skills.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Honesty and Integrity
• Valid driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit http://www.linkedin.com .