The role of the Product Support Supervisor is to manage fleet maintenance and assist the Site Manager in driving cost efficiencies and capital profit through good leadership, strong customer relations and best practice of safety, health and environmental effectiveness.
- Provide product support to customers in geographic area, during both in service use of the machine and during rebuilds.
- Provide technical support in machine installation, commissioning, financial job management, maintenance planning, recommend stock holding levels, repairs, testing and over inspections on repair work carried out.
- Coordinate product issue resolution to provide a more reliable product.
- Provide technical support to the rebuild process of machines that are geographically located in area of responsibility.
- Assist in the plan to secure resource availability for the Contract – technical, administrative, finance, logistics, equipment, parts, and tools.
- Offer product updates and improvements to customer and Sandvik for new and existing equipment.
- Perform fault diagnosis and troubleshooting on equipment.
- Provide in-house technical training.
- Coordinate routine customer liaison seeking feedback and performance monitoring of the Sandvik product.
- Improve maintenance efficiencies by identifying process bottlenecks & achieve a planned-to-unplanned ratio of 70/30.
- Assist to complete warranty claims and actions per Sandvik way of working.
- Comply with statutory, customer and Sandvik HSE standards.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering with five years’ relevant experience in surface mining or a Technicians Trade Certificate with 7 years’ experience in surface mining, including supervisory experience.
- Experience in maintaining Sandvik equipment
- Possession of valid Zambian Driver’s License.
- Silicosis Certificate.
- EIZ Membership.
- Able to build market relationships through interaction with client(s).
- Proven communication and computer skills.
Profile – In addition to the Essential Prerequisites listed above, the following are advantages:
- Technical experience
- Hydraulic and Electrical knowledge including a high level of hydraulic and electrical systems and fault diagnostics capability
- Previous training experience in the maintenance of Sandvik equipment
- Exposure to training and facilitation
To apply for this job please visit sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .