PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as Malaria, Nutrition and Immunization, Reproductive Health, Tuberculosis (TB), COVID-19 Support, Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance as well as Digital Health with funding from various donors.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Procurement Associate to assist in the functions of the procurement processes for the Zambia Country Office. The Procurement Associate will work under the direction of the Country Operations Director. The incumbent will be based in Lusaka.
- Manage the Procurement process
- Ensure compliance to the PATH procurement policy and regulations.
- Sending out of invitations to bid, conduct bid analysis and fill contractor justification as required.
- Monitor approved Procurement Request Form and confirm with the requestor on specifications for goods or service being sort.
- Scheduling the Procurement Review Committee meetings
- Prepare and present procurement analysis to the procurement review committee for review and procurement status reports for management.
- Act on resolutions of PRC by processing orders to the bidders as awarded and follow up on other recommendations.
- Process Purchase Orders for approved requests
- Participate in knowledge sharing on Procurement best practices
- Respond to procurement queries and provide support as needed
- Coordinate the periodical prequalification exercise
- Confirm that suppliers have the required documentation before engagement
- Take lead in the periodical pre-qualification exercise and update the supplier’s database.
- Lead the process of supplier appraisal and vendor rating exercise to ensure continuous supplier improvement.
- Manage vendor records and contractual agreements
- Preparation and implementation of annual procurement plan
- Consolidate annual procurement plans for the projects after budget approval
- Prepare quarterly report on implementation of the procurement plan.
- Work closely with the Project Administrators and budget holders to ensure timely implementation of activities that needs to be procured.
- Facilitate the management of relationships with major suppliers
- Respond to suppliers’ complaints and follow ups.
- Continuous vendor vetting.
- Managing current engagements with suppliers to ensure deliveries are done on time and as per specifications.
- Procurement Reporting
- Maintain Procurement tracking tool
- Prepare Procurement status report for management reporting on weekly basis
- Maintain Vendor database
- Monitoring pending deliveries & advise the users
- Advise users on the status of their PRFs
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or an Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply with at least 3 years work experience.
- Current membership with Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) is required.
- Procurement experience from a USAID funded project is an added advantage
- Familiarity with the Zambia customs and clearing procedures is required.
- Experience in procurement under donor-funded projects, will be an added advantage.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Computer literate (especially MS Office, database programs, or ERP systems)
- Good communication skills, independent worker, and team player
- Work experience in an NGO environment will be an added advantage
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationLusaka, Lusaka, ZambiaCompany LocationZambia, LusakaPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com .