- Company: ENGIE Energy Access
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
ENGIE Energy Access Zambia is seeking a highly motivated and disciplined Procurement and Facilities Officer to implement best practice policies and procedures for procurement, vendor management and facilities services at ENGIE Energy Access Zambia. The Procurement and Facilities Officer will oversee the evaluation, appraisal and managing of vendors and suppliers. They will also be responsible for efficient management of the facilities and the successful implementation of best practice policies and procedures for Fleet and Fixed Asset Management .The Procurement and Facilities Officer will report to the Zambia Administration and Procurement Manager.
- Implementing procurement and vendor management Policies and Procedures
- Delivering projects within agreed defined scope/value, time, and budget.
- Implementing strategic sourcing in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia.
- Identifying and developing key vendor relationships and manage (track) their performance and capability.
- Identification and mitigation of sourcing and vendor risks for projects and business as usual purchases.
- Exploring, Identifying, and Implementing cost savings initiatives and report all cost savings monthly.
- Maintaining accurate expenditure profiles and other relevant non – financial information in respect of suppliers / Contractors.
- Identification, implementation and administration of Projects, contracts, and management and monitoring of Service Level Agreements (internal and external).
- Ensure timely deliveries of goods and services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Provide specialist advice and support to the businesses with regards to procurement and vendor management issues.
- Reviewing procurement spends in ENGIE Energy Access Zambia and providing expert advice in reducing costs.
- Ensure all contracts are renewed before expiry.
- Undertake vendor / supplier appraisals and evaluations.
- Developing and implementing Facilities Management (specific to fleet) strategies.
- Manage the vehicle fleet at both HQ and in the field to ensure efficient and effective use of all company vehicles in line with ENGIE Energy Access Zambia policies and the Zambia Road Traffic Act
- Oversee field trip bookings and stipends to ensure efficient use of field vehicles and safe travel to and from the field for team members.
- Ensure all ENGIE Energy Access Zambia drivers are defensive driver, first aid and fire marshal trained.
- Ensure effective planned preventative maintenance schedule be put in place for ENGIE Energy Access Zambia fleet
- Exploring, identifying, and tracking areas of savings in Fleet management, including fuel management.
- Achieving efficiency and ensure timely reporting on all fleet management related services. i.e monthly fuel consumption, GPS Tracking reports
- Ensure appropriate insurance cover is in place; and ensure timely and efficient submission of all necessary documentation for the purpose of insurance claims in Facilities i.e Fleet and Fixed Asset management
- Ensure efficient utilization of company transport and logistics and report all anomalies to the Administration and Procurement Manager.
- Organizing and prioritizing procurement and vendor management; and facilities management activities.
- Actively source for new opportunities with major potential service providers.
- Promote open, constructive, and collaborative supplier relationships.
- Managing contractors and service suppliers.
Knowledge and skills
- Minimum of Five (5) years post qualification experience.
- Full member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) or CIPS
- Good working knowledge in Facilities Management and Fixed Asset Management.
- First Aid and Fire Marshal training is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel and general data analysis skills
- Leadership Skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- A proven ability to deliver under pressure
- Degree in any Business-Related Field.
- Local language is a plus
- MS Office suite