Procurement And Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Procurement And Administration Officer
TechnoServe is a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. TechnoServe was founded in 1968 by American businessman Ed Bullard, who believed in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. Today, we work in poor communities in more than 30 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and Asia.
TechnoServe helps grow strong markets that create income, jobs and wealth for poor people in the developing world. Our programs:
• Develop Capacity: We help individuals and communities acquire skills, share knowledge and apply the technologies needed to build successful farms and businesses.
• Strengthen Market Connections: We coordinate among industry players and connect emerging businesses and farms to capital, networks and suppliers.
Improve the Business Environment: We encourage self-sustaining economic activity by addressing the policies, information and incentives that help markets function better
Procurement And Administration
• Sourcing and procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with good procurement practices and laid down procedures and guidelines according to TechnoServe policies and procedures
• Collaborating with user projects and staff in the preparation of a consolidated procurement plan to ensure timely provision of goods and services.
• Preparation of solicitation documents, raising Purchase Orders, and enquiries for goods, works and services in liaison with user projects and undertake the appropriate bidding process. This includes negotiating prices, delivery and after sale services with vendors
• Preparation of bid evaluation reports, contracts and other related procurement documentation
• Maintain vendor/suppliers contracts and contact lists from the approved pre-selected vendor list ensuring that they meet the minimum requirements to be on the suppliers list. This also involves conducting premises visits to monitor and evaluate supplier/vendor
• Maintenance of sound Procurement records/documentation and preparation of procurement status reports including expediting of orders to ensure timely delivery and processing of payments.
• Assist in the clearance of shipments from customs or any other government body in collaboration with appropriate staff in Zambia and at the regional office
• Ensuring that all office equipment is captured in the inventory as soon as such have been delivered to TechnoServe Zambia.
• Lead the annual inventory counts with the Finance Department and the Grants Manager
• Ensure materials and services supplied meet established standards, survey markets for latest trends in prices, availability, delivery and quality, and ensure that applicable policies, practices and procedures are understood and complied by suppliers.
• Monitor and report on supplier performance, noting current and/or potential issues and/or inefficiencies and assist with contract/purchase order modifications.
• Supervise the Head Driver to ensure
• vehicle use and driver schedules are coordinated, ensuring all program and administrative vehicle needs are met
• monthly vehicle logs are up to-date and adhered to by staff, according to TechnoServe policies and procedures
• vehicles are maintained in excellent running order and have necessary licenses and registrations
• Serve as focal point person for office maintenance and cleaning service providers
• Make travel arrangements for staff, volunteers and consultants using approved vendors
• Support logistical arrangements for events, renting of premises, arrangement of accommodation, transportation, coordination with participants and invited experts;
• Serve as office receptionist, welcoming visitors and answering calls when necessary
• Assist the HR and Administration Manager with specific duties as assigned
• Prepare/assist with drafting other official correspondence
• Other administrative tasks as required
• Degree in Procurement and Supply, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Advanced Diploma Graduate or Business Administration or Related subject
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchase and Supply (ZIPS).
• Minimum of 5 years experience, preferably more.
• Knowledge of best practices in procurement and administration
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required
• Good management skills
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
• Knowledge of key donor compliance requirements (USAID, World Bank and other international donors) an advantage
Reporting To: Zambia HR And Admin Manager
Microsoft Office Suite
Managing multiple projects
Attention to Detail
Supply Chain & Value Chain
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.