Principal Officer – Administration
Jobs at:Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for the regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
Job Title: Principal Officer – Administration, ZPPA 04 (1 Position)
To co-ordinate and supervise the activities of staff engaged in general administration work in line with the Authority’s rules and regulations.
Statement of Main Duties
Under the supervision of the Manager-Human Resource and Administration, the job role is responsible for supervision of staff performing office administration work and transport duties to contribute to the attainment of the Authority’s objectives. In particular, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
• Supervises and co-ordinates the activities of staff in office administration and transport section to ensure compliance with rules and regulations and monitors them to achieve their individual planned activities;
• Coordinate maintenance of the office building, equipment and surroundings and supervision of provision of services of contractors outsourced to provide services such as cleaning and sanitary, plumbing and carpentry, maintenance of the office generator set, fire extinguishers and fire alarm;
• Ensures the security of the office premises and property through effective supervision of a Security service providers contracted to provide security for the Authority;
• Monitor and supervise subordinate staff responsible for maintaining and cleaning the Authority surroundings in order to ensure a conducive work environment;
• Checks and prepares invoices for payment of services provided to the Authority such as electricity, water, telephone, cleaning and sanitary, security and waste management for approval by the Supervisor and onward processing of payment;
• Facilitates processing of insurance of the office building, Authority house, motor vehicles, furniture, equipment and any other items belonging to the Authority;
• Prepares relevant work-related reports for the Supervisors’ attention and decision making among others;
• Interprets terms and conditions of service and other human resource and administration policies and procedures to staff and advises on labour related matters;
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff for the Authority;
• Prepares and submits the Authority Annual Leave Plan and ensure compliance with the Employment Code Act No. 3 of 2019 and attends to staff matters from Departments pertaining to leave applications, acting appointments and confirmation;
• Assists in the preparation of individual and departmental workplans and departmental annual budget; and
• Performs other duties that may be assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
• Vocational or Professional Requirements: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration or a related social science.
• Relevant Post Qualification Experience: Minimum three (3) years’ post qualification experience in human resource and administration.
Other Skills and Requirements
• Good writing and oral communication skills;
• Good interpersonal skills, analytical and negotiation skills;
• Must be Computer literate;
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management with the current practicing Certificate;
• Must be familiar with current Labour Laws; and
• Must have a valid Zambian Motor Vehicle Driving Licence.
The position of the Principal Officer – Administration is on permanent and pensionable basis
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Grade twelve (12) certificate which is Examination Council of Zambia Certified and any other relevant certificates. Applications should be addressed to the:
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form placed on the website and email it together with other documents to [email protected] . Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Tuesday, 31st August, 2021 at 17:00 hours and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.