Poultry Manager Trainee
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Poultry Manager Trainee
Poultry Manager Trainee will responsible for the day to day management of all aspects of the poultry farm, maintaining quality broiler chickens and ensuring the workplace safety of all employees and visitors on the farm. Oversee chicken farms/poultries and handle sales and shipping of chicken products to the market and hiring and training personnel, ordering supplies and budgeting. Work closely with supervisors to develop farm schedules and meet processing goals.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Manage and oversee tasks such as caring for the chickens, maintaining records on their growth and developing budgets.
• Ensures the safety and efficiency of poultry farm operations.
• In consultation with the Farm Manager, prioritizes tasks and decide on the necessary amount of machinery and number of workers.
• Record data and create reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and Chicken/animal growth.
• Assign duties to farm poultry workers and ensure that they are carried out in an efficient manner; for example, duties might include feeding poultry, shipping eggs or maintaining buildings.
• Oversee hatchery machinery that performs certain tasks, such as egg collection.
• Take the lead in training new workers, providing care to injured or infected Chickens and enforcing workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
• Be up to date with current knowledge of industry trends and information regarding hatchery equipment and operations.
• Ensure poultry workers comply with all company policies, animal welfare guidelines, and local laws, and regulations.
• Manage and maintain weekly hatch schedules providing the proper number of birds for processing
Required Competencies and Skills
• Excellent time and organizational management skills.
• Good deducing and analytical mind
• Disciplined and Hardworking
• Ability to easily adapt to new environments
• Good sales and people skills
• Attention to detail
• Good Reporting and Analytical Skills
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate
• Degree in Animal Sciences or Related
• Must have a minimum of 1+ years working experience in poultry farming
• Proven work experience working with Broilers
• Must have a strong interest and understanding of the Agricultural & Farming sector.
• Proven experience and understanding of Vaccines and Administration of Medicines
• Good Reporting Skills/Stock Management and Feed Plans
• Must have an excellent understanding of bird welfare.
• Post-secondary coursework in agriculture or animal sciences.
• Drivers license class C or C1
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.