Position: Planning and Reliability SuperintendentLumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Planning and Reliability Superintendent.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the operations in maximising the availability of the critical assets through robust reliability improvement and maintenance planning. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- legislative, Original Equipment Maintenance (OEM) and Company requirements
- Develop critical, insurance and min / max spares requirements and repair specifications.
- Develop life cycle costs models for critical assets that optimise costs and which identify repair v replacement decisions
- Undertake reliability improvement programs that include defect elimination, equipment condition risk and
- contingency planning, Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) compliance of work executed.
- Develop short, medium and long-term integrated maintenance schedules of work that optimizes equipment downtime, resources, costs, and, which reduces long term equipment integrity risk.
- Develop fully planned work scopes for future planned work schedules.
- Develop and update master data into the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for new and existing equipment.
- Develop cost forecasts and budgets in conjunction with Execution teams.
- Deploy Management of Change processes for any plant and equipment change.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ industrial Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Hold a valid Zambian driver’s licence
- Minimum of 15 years mining experience with demonstrated experience in large multi pit operations maintaining large-scale heavy mobile equipment, or, crushing and grinding circuits to Original Equipment Maintenance OEM requirements
- Demonstrated competency in equipment strategy development using Root Cause Analysis (RCM) methods, life cycle costing, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), long term planning, shutdown management, budget development and cost forecasting.
- Demonstrated competency in condition monitoring techniques and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with mining regulations.
- Has strong proficiency in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (e.g. Pronto), MS Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and medium level competency in budgeting tools (e.g. Xeras)
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: