At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the Dozer Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the dozing unit in constructing and maintaining of roads, ramps and dumps.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Ensure good operation practices.
- Move material according to plan and instructions.
- Maintaining dumps as per set down standards.
- Ensure compliance of safe mining practices.
- Report all substandard/unsafe conditions to Area Supervisor.
- Operate safely by following procedures
- Maintain a good work relationship with his/her pears.
- Have solid knowledge of road/ramp construction.
- Demonstrate and maintain Safety according to mine regulations and set standards.
- Follow set reporting structures.
- Ensure that pre-start checks are done correctly and thoroughly.
- Report mechanical defects immediately.
- Ensure log on/ off is done prior shift start and shift end
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience & Qualifications ?
- At least 2 years’ experience in mining and heavy earthwork machinery operation.
- Knowledge on operating a Dozer and its mechanical capabilities
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
Valid Driver’s license with at least 2 years driving experience
Job Specific Competencies
- Good communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge on how to do the pre- start on the machine.
- Must be able to identify defects.
- Must be able to operate a two-way radio and be able to use the modular system.
Key Job Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Must possess Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal accountability
- Must be an active listener
- Must be a good team player
- Must demonstrate good peer relationships
- Must be able to effectively manage time
- Must be smart
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .