- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To ensure effective and efficient service is provided to all support equipment within the mining area.
- Perform Pre-start and pre-use checks on machinery.
- Confirm operational conduction of controls and all safety devices under power.
- Operate the machine within the rules and regulations of the relevant work site.
- Constantly monitor vehicle operation and report faults to the supervisor and or the workshop.
- Perform shut down and shift handovers checks on equipment.
- Move machines to required site as directed.
- Can demonstrate understanding of Mine driving regulations.
- Can demonstrate appropriate truck driving skills including, steering, backing, docking, measured turns, land positioning, stopping, and judging clearances and distances.
- Can demonstrate ability to operate a truck in a variety of weather conditions and terrain
- Can demonstrate proper procedure for performing safety and emergency equipment inspections.
- Can demonstrate proper procedure for inspecting truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to verify proper/safe operating levels
- Constantly monitor and respond to safety devices and read-outs whilst operating machine.
- Assist in the maintenance of operational effectiveness of the unit.
- Deliver timely in the pit or around the mine lease as directed by Supervisor.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- At least a full grade twelve (12) certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
- Excellent team building, organization and communication skills
- At least 3years working experience in heavy equipment operations preferably in the mining environment.
- A minimum of 2 years as an ADT Operator.