At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The position requires adherence to all relevant company requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations/rules as required by the Company
- Ensures compliance set standards are met in the Engineering Department and assist other Departments on request by carrying out hydro-testing, thickness tests on pressure vessels and load testing of lifting equipment to ensure that statutory regulations and industry rules are met by the Company in order to produce Copper and Gold metals within the set budget safely
- Completes work orders to ensure compliance is achieved
- Ensures the safe custody of certificates, licenses, legal appointment letters for competent persons and statutory equipment log books
- Ensures that adequate stock levels of statutory equipment spares and test equipment in the warehouse are maintained
- Creates new stock for all critical items to ensure minimum effect on production in the event of a failure
- Oversees the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within the section
- Records and controls all replacement of tools used in testing and inspections
- Oversees maintenance of high safety standards on the condition and usage of all test equipment
- Provides and schedules all necessary training to comply with all safety standards and statutory compliance
- Identifies the needs for specialised training requirements within section
- Manages Regulators during inspections and audits
- Ensures all requests for various statutory compliance services are responded to timely
- Able to witness a statutory test
- Any other duties as directed by the line supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate or Equivalent
- Minimum Craft Certificate in any Engineering or Science Field
- Valid LV Driver’s License – an advantage
- Minimum Five years’ experience in a Mining or Industrial environment.
- Excellent knowledge Mechanical and Electrical Systems as explained in the Mining Regulations
- Able to Read Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Industry, Mining, Environmental and Explosives and Regulations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Supervisory skills
- Computer literate
- Technical Skills
- Standby and overtime when required
- Exposure to noise/dust
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .