Odoo ERP Developer
Jobs at:Cure International
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Odoo ERP Developer
CURE is seeking an experienced Odoo ERP Developer to join our growing in-house technology team as a Contractor. This role is responsible for the implementation and customization of pre-packaged Odoo ERP software solutions across our CURE hospital network, including the development of software code, and the training of end-users in the use of the solutions.
This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the Odoo ERP system and particularly the Procurement and Inventory Management modules. The role also includes interviewing hospital end-users and subject matter experts, documenting and analyzing existing business processes, proposing future state business processes, creating user-story based software requirements, and acceptance criteria.
If you are interested in being a part of meaningful, life-changing work that directly impacts the lives of thousands of children living with treatable disabilities, apply today!
• To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily.
• Design, Develop, Test and Debug Application Software Code. The Odoo ERP Developer will be required to develop a portion of a project’s software code and may review other developer’s code for accuracy and functionality. These duties may include: Test and Debug SoftwareDesign and Implement Python and Database Applications. Design and implement applications using the Python programming language, and database access languages such as SQL. This includes writing efficient code that is testable and well documented.
• Test and Debug SoftwareTest and debug all the software and code you develop, along with the software and code your peers develop. This includes documenting any errors found and fixing them in priority order.
• Ensure Solutions Meet SpecificationsWork according to specific parameters and plans for the applications you develop. Responsible for ensuring the applications you develop appropriately meet the specifications.
• Maintain and Optimize SystemsEven after completing a development project, you are still responsible for maintaining the provided solution. This maintenance often includes creating and delivering updates, adding new features, and maintaining end-user functionality.
• Develop, Deploy and Configure Application and Reporting SystemsRemotely deploy the Odoo ERP system to Linux-based on-premise and cloud-based servers, and configure and customize Odoo modules to meet functional needs
• Develop, deploy, configure and customize Odoo system reports to meet user data reporting needs.
• Understand User and Stakeholder NeedsTalk with end-users and internal stakeholders and discuss the purpose behind the business/clinical processes to determine desired outcomes and what the software should do to make the outcomes possible in an efficient, electronic manner.
• Listen to the hospital user’s needs, ideas and concerns, and formulate a vision of the solution. Document and clearly state desired outcomes and what was agreed upon.
• Monitor ProgressEnsure that what end-users and internal stakeholders need is being created, and conduct frequent check-ins during the project’s progress to ensure alignment with the desired outcomes.
• Test the software being developed early and often to ensure that the end-user’s needs and the acceptance criteria are being met, and facilitate demonstrations to the end-users and stakeholders along the way.
• If questions or problems arise, act as a liaison between the end-users, subject matter experts and the software development team. This may involve negotiating needed changes to the requirements and the revising of delivery timelines.
• Prepare regular status updates on the progress of the project for stakeholders and organizational leaders on a weekly basis.
• Ensure Solutions Meet Requirements and Specification.Before presenting the final version, thoroughly check the software to ensure it meets the agreed-upon outcomes. Perform quality and performance testing to verify solution expectations are met.
• When the software is ready to be rolled out, train the end-users in the new functionality, so that they can efficiently use the solution to meet their needs.
• When the software solution has been put into use over a period of time, bugs might emerge or ideas for enhancements may arise. Seek feedback from end-users and stakeholders and prioritize developer modifications that will enhance the solution on a maximizing return-on-investment (ROI) basis.
• To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Participate in 1-on-1 and team meetings within the Technology department as needed.
• Contribute to strong teamwork and information sharing within the network-wide Technology team, between hospital-based groups, and across the organization.
• Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally in support of One CURE, One Mission.
• Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The Contractor must perform other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now