Staff Vacancies: Scaling Up Nutrition Phase II (SUN II)
iDE Zambia is a branch of the larger International Development Enterprises not-for-profit organisation that employs market-based approaches and entrepreneurship to create inclusive income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households in the Agriculture and WASH sectors.
iDE Zambia has been contracted by the World Food Programme (WFP) to be an implementing partner on the ‘Support for Scaling Up Nutrition Phase II (SUN II) for the First 1,000 Most Critical Days program II (MCDP II)’. iDE Zambia will coordinate and support, using a multi sectoral team approach at district level, implementation of the following activities:
Economic empowerment for women of reproductive age (WRA) with a focus on promoting aligned and productive Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA) and access to financial education, services and products;
Support the integration of Nutrition SBCC in VSLA and it roll out.
Food safety and preservation including post-harvest management to increase availability, access, quality and safety of nutritious foods at household level.
Support private sector engagement to promote local and community based nutritious food development, processing and marketing;
We now seek to recruit staff to fill the following vacancies in the project.
Position 1. Project Manager
R 1. Adaptive Project Implementation and Management
- Developing on a macro and micro-basis, key project management and implementation tools such as work plans, budgets and the results chain framework
- Day to day management and directing performance of the project team including providing operational support, tactical guidance and coaching to project team members
- Broker and manage value driven relations, collaborations and partnerships with private sector as is necessary for advancing project strategies, goals and results including leveraging the same for sustainability, cost effectiveness, resilience, impact and scale.
- Promote and manage field level relationships with wider stakeholders such as government and aligned development organisations for synergies and complementarity in activity implementation.
- Collaborating internally with Finance and Admin in managing and tracking financial spend and burn rate; ensuring expenditure is consistent with approved project budgets and adherence to iDE Zambia finance and procurement policies.
R 2. Quality Assurance, Results Measurement and reporting.
- Ensure strategies employed in the project implementation are appropriate for and are efficient and effective for delivering impact and scale.
- Ensure that the adopted implementation strategies as well as approaches are consistent with the iDE’s Market Systems Development approaches and that achieved results are sustainable, inclusive and resilient to incidental shocks.
- Closely collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation unit to develop tools and operational framework for systematically and consistently tracking project performance and ensure project performance is objectively measured and results documented in a timely manner.
- Take the lead in the timely production of factual and professionally written project reports. In so doing document and share project successes, lessons, challenges and strategic revisions to accomplish project objectives effectively.
R 3. Strategy review and business development.
- Monitoring the project for strategy drift; constantly and in a structured manner plan for and review critical project strategies for effectiveness, efficiency, relevance and competitiveness in delivering desired outcomes and sustainable impact in the face of environmental risk and uncertainty (change in social-economic environment and climatic shocks).
- Pro-actively contribute to employing user-centred innovations for adaptive strategy development including originating novel ideas by way of well-thought out and concise concepts
- Contributing on case-by-case basis, to the internal development of education/training materials and other capacity building/market operational tools for supporting and mentoring both primary and secondary beneficiaries.
- Support to building the iDE Zambia brand, prospecting for new business, proposal development and consultancy assignments.
Qualifications and experience;
i. A university degree or professional equivalent in Agriculture, Nutrition and health with specialty in Entrepreneurship development, Economics, Marketing or bias to a business-related field with
a. A good understanding of the market systems approach to development and project management
b. An understanding and appreciation of the role that the private sector can play in providing goods, services and markets to smallholder farmers.
ii. At least five years’ professional experience of which at least three (3years) has been at project management level.
iii. Experience working in a multi-disciplinary setting will be added advantage
iv. A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, adhering to deadlines and used to meeting targets.
v. Valid driver’s license
Position 2. District Coordinators #6
Location: Lusaka (Chongwe), Western Province (Kalabo and Shangombo), North-western Province (Mwinilunga and Zambezi) and Luapula Province (Chiengi)
R 1. Promote economic empowerment for women of reproductive age –
- Facilitate training of district staff, Community Development Facilitators (CDF), on Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA)
- Facilitate and coordinate the training of selected animators/volunteers on Village Savings and Lending Associations (VSLA) and other savings group models
- Drive and oversee sensitization of SUN communities on Savings Groups including group formation and training women of reproductive age (WRA) on VSLAs
- Integrate Nutrition SBCC into VSLA discussions and leveraging on opportunities to promote nutrition and health
- Link communities to financial services providers, including Micro Finance Institutions (MFI) and commercial banks
- Facilitate the delivery and provision of financial education to communities
- Oversee, monitor and support savings associations/VSLA groups
R 2. Increase availability, access, quality and safety of nutritious foods for households through food safety and preservation
- Set up demonstrations sites as community centres of excellence to showcase appropriate utilization of Post-Harvest (PH) technology,
- Provide on spot training to smallholders and provide complementary extension support
- Facilitating training of Ministry of Agriculture district staff and camp extension in PHM and in food processing, preservation and utilization
- Facilitate and oversee roll out of training to lead farmers and registered SUN TA households on PHM (including food preservation and utilisation)
- Link SUN Agri-households to distributors of post-harvest management supplies, including PICS Support/facilitate the establishment and development of local supply chains for post-harvest management technologies
- Bags -facilitate linkages through last mile Agro dealers and sales promotion
R 3. Support private sector engagement to promote local and community based nutritious food development, processing and marketing
- Orienting DNCC in SBN and private sector engagement
- Support DNCC to facilitate meetings/activities with private sector
- Supporting private sector actor’s participation in promoting community based nutritious foods development, processing and marketing; private sector actors engaged and producing locally available nutritious foods
R 4. Work planning, results measurement and reporting
- Prepare district monthly work plans and budgets consistent with set/expected outputs and milestones and submit to the project manager.
- Coordination and managing of relations with other project implementing partners for synergies in project delivery across results areas
- Collecting required performance and progress data on project participants.
- Submission of monthly narrative report and weekly verbal update.
R 5. Administration
- Submit monthly motor bike reports and completed time sheets
- Submit monthly expense reports
- Promote and positively reinforce the WFP and iDE Zambia brands at local level
Qualifications, experience and skills;
- Degree or three-year diploma in agriculture, nutrition, or natural resource management.
- At least two years’ experience working in an agricultural extension, Community mobilization or nutrition and health outreach capacity.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary setting will be added advantage
- An understanding and appreciation of the role that the private sector can play in providing agriculture and nutrition goods and services including markets to smallholder farmers.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, adhering to deadlines and used to meeting targets.
- Valid Motor bike riders’ license
- IT literate with some proficiency in MS Word.
Position 3. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer #1
Location: Mongu or Solwezi
- Provide support to the development and implementation of quality data collection and management.
- Develop and maintain systems to establish standards related to activities and outputs.
- Responsible for research activities in conducting pre-survey/research training in qualitative and quantitative research methods, training enumerators in data collection and entry, supervising the research field work, analysis and evaluation report writing.
- Effective coordination of M&E activities to guide project implementation.
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, experience and skills;
- Three years diploma with a bias in M&E with at least 3 years working experience in similar role
- Degree in development studies or a rural development-oriented field will be an added advantage
Job application procedure
Send your cover letter in soft copy (word) attaching only your cv to [email protected]
Please not the following:
- Closing dates for receiving applications is Friday 27th March 2021.
- Applications strictly by e-mail.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Those who do not meet the minimum qualifications need no
To apply for this job please visit ideglobal.org .