Mining, Engineer I
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mining, Engineer I
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The incumbent will be responsible for responsible for effective management of fleet, Machine Health and Product Services.
• Developing budget models using historical data both operational and financial based on the mine plan
• Undertaking blast hole timing design, blast hole drilling and blasting improvement process
• Coordinate fleet management, machine health deployment and product services through auditing drill and blast and load and haul production departments
• Undertaking routine quality control on drill and blast operations
• Managing ad-hoc projects from planning, budgeting, implementation and commissioning as well as managing trial projects under Load and haul department
• Run of mine material reconciliation, ensuring production plan is followed through and help the operation realise its set targets in cost/ BCM across production crews
• Participate in screening and awarding of projects to deserving contractors while minimizing costs and upholding quality of work and organisational ethics
• Mentor and coach Mining engineer graduates on training and development program
• Preparation of performance reports to management and taking ownership of quality of work
• Ensures that site safety and regulatory compliance standards are met in day to day activities
Qualifications And Experience
• Grade12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
• Member of EIZ
• Manual Driver’s Licence
• Working Experience in an open pit mine will be an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .