Position: Mine Surveyor
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Senior Mine Surveyor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Mine Surveyor.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor, you will be responsible for coordination and execution of daily survey tasks and related activities and ensuring that the survey quality plan is implemented, and appropriate survey control and integrity of data maintained. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely survey service
- Establish and monitor primary and secondary controls within the mining tease
- Daily survey pickups for presentation of a daily dig plan for use by operations in a timely manner
- Carry out survey data analysis on survey data
- Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all tiles in the survey database
- Set out of all mine design and geological requirements which includes preparation of set out plans for alt designated stall to utilize
- Carry out stockpile surveys on a regular basis for accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month
- Carry out pit surveys on a regular basis for accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each
- Monitoring of wall instability in pit, dumps, dams and all structural deformations with accurate reporting on required basis
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mine Engineering, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Survey
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambian
- A minimum of 2 years survey experience in the mining industry
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing GPS equipment, 3D scanners, Total stations, data recorders arid associated surveying software like Vulcan, Arc view, Data mine or Surpac
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
Must be familiar with safe working practices.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .