VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT- MEDIUM TERM PLANNING COORDINATOR
Lumwana Mining Company is seeking to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Medium-Term Planning Coordinator to join the versatile Strategic Planning team.
Reporting to the Superintendent – Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for development and presentation of medium term mine plans for operations and projects onsite.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all Mine Planning personnel comply with site and regulatory safety practices and procedures
- Promote and assist with Business Improvement projects,
- Ensure that the mine planning group are providing the required level of service to mine operations and projects
- Ensure that environmental policies and strategies are incorporated into mining plans
- Ensure training plans for employees are in place and regularly monitored and reappraised
- Promote a culture of safety and productivity
- Ensure mine budget and rolling reforecast plans are submitted to management
- Perform tasks as required and assigned by the Strategic Planning Superintendent
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Mining Engineering (or equivalent)
- Should have a minimum 5 + Years relevant experience in the mining industry
- Experience in planning large open pit mines
- Experience in Mine Planning, Design and Production Engineering
- Experience in Vulcan and/or Deswik desirable but not essential
- Experience in using scheduling software including but not limited to MineShed/Deswik
- Competent with Microsoft office suite of products
- Ability to present to senior management with good written and oral skills in English
- Should be a member EIZ/EngRB or eligible to register
- Displays initiative and teamwork skills
- Physically fit and able to pass pre-employment medical
- Able to drive and holds a valid driver’s license
- Ability to mentor Zambian engineers
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs through http://jobs.barrick.com/
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Barrick offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women
Closing date for receipt of applications is 08 December 2020. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Human Resources Manager
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .