- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Supervise the direct day-to-day Mechanical Maintenance of the Larox Filter Plant Section at the Kansanshi Copper Smelter.
Maximise production in an efficient, Cost Effective and Safe manner.
Take Professional charge of an experienced crew of filter fitters and guide and mentor them as they carry out their daily scheduled tasks.
- To Ensure Plant availability and Maintenance compliance are adhered to as per Smelter Engineering guidelines.
- To Supervise and Oversee Mechanical Maintenance of all installed mechanical equipment in the filter plant area.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Manage the direct reports to ensure compliance to their roles and responsibilities as well as sound engineering standards and practices.
- Ensure that good work ethics is sustained by effectively managing discipline with reference to absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc. within the section.
- Understand the daily plant performance, review downtimes and highlight performance records discrepancies to ensure the log-sheets are correct.
- To maintain the filters and all their associated equipment so that they are running at peak performance, making diligent attention to small details a high priority so as to keep the filters running at their optimal performance levels and keeping downtimes to the minimum.
- To ensure that Daily, Weekly and Monthly preventive maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Work with the OEM’s, Senior Supervisors and Superintendents in the Planning and Execution of the planned equipment rehabilitation.
- Conduct failure analysis to significant breakdowns to eliminate and to avoid repetition of the same in the future for continuous optimization of company assets.
- Regularly review the spares inventory for the filter plant with a view of ensuring that critical components are always available.
- Work with the Operations team and the Smelter Engineering team as a whole in the execution of Major planned works: estimating materials, tools and equipment, consumables, spare parts and manpower.
- Participate in Major Smelter Shutdowns as directed and assigned by the Superintendent.
- Continuously monitor and manage the section resources for strict adherence to the relevant Engineering standards and specifications and execute appropriate actions for non-compliance.
- Ensure that rotatable components are timeously and professionally repairs and made ready for use
- Minimum of a Technicians Certificate in Mechanical Fitting or equivalent
- Outotec (Larox) Certification
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience and exposure with Larox/Outotec Pressure Filters at a Supervisory level in a Mineral processing environment.
- People Management
Extensive experience in :
- Larox Filter Maintenance
- Good, Solid hands on Fitting experience
- Warman Centrifugal Slurry Pumps, Krebs Centrifugal Water Pumps, Verdaflex Peristaltic Pumps, Grundfoss Verticle Spindle Pumps
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic valves
- Reading and understanding of hydraulic drawings (Schematic and Single Line Diagrams)
- Tank Agitator maintenance
- Thickner Maintenance
- Conveyor belt maintenance
- Ability to navigate a Computer Maintenance Management System such as Pronto
- Experience in Rigging and Scaffolding will be an advantage
- Self – Driven
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Maintain Discipline
- Attention to detail
- Very good communicator with strong leadership skills/knowledge ability
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- Overtime and standby work as and when required
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluent in English
- Depth perception
- Proactive attitude
- Understanding of the Process Flow Diagrams’ critical components