Jobs at:Recruitment Matters Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2021
Within Zambia , Mazabuka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our Client, a well-established farm operation, is looking for a Mechanic to join their team in Mazabuka
• Develop the workshop to a standard required to complete to full servicing of the vehicles and farming equipment.
• Develop systems to ensure the maintenance of sufficient spares to be able to carry out services when required without putting significant strain on the Farm by holding too much stock as well as ensuring orders are done for replacement of stock as cannot afford not to have the stock in a remote area
• Develop systems which allow spares inventory to be maintained individually for the four different companies without any mix up or crossover use of spares
• Develop systems which allow for the efficient servicing of vehicles every 5000km or for the farm vehicles. This will involve working closely with the operations/Farm/Warehouse manager to ensure that the vehicles are available for service when required
• Service the vehicles to ensure minimal down time. Preemptive maintenance is imperative as the vehicles often spend long periods in remote locations where the roads/farm accessibility are in poor condition due to rainy season and development in certain areas of farm.
• Any breakdowns outside Lusaka due to poor maintenance are hugely costly to repair and cause significant delays and pressure on farm responsibilities
• Ensure all vehicles have valid fitness, road tax and insurance
• Other activities within reason that may be required in order to ensure the fleet of vehicles is always at its optimum
• General Motorcar, tractor & trucks
• Heavy duty & light duty
• Farm machinery
• An excellent knowledge of motor technology.
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to listen to and follow instructions.
• Excellent practical skills.
• The ability to solve problems.
• A willingness to work as part of a team.
• The ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
• Craft Certificate in engineering and Mechanical Technology or equivalent
• Three years’ experience as a Mechanic
• Three years’ experience in an Agricultural environment
• Valid Driver’s licence
• Must possess good depth perception to perform at safety optimum level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.