Jobs at:First Quantum
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2021
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
• To safely execute maintenance & installation work according to prescribed standards
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Installation; Of new electrical systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant Electrical systems as per the Company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
• Electrical protection; Ensure that all electrical equipment have the correct hardware interlock for effective and safe operation.
• Maintenance; Adhere to the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures. Effectively maintain the electrical equipment with the minimum effect on the plant production.
• Reporting and record keeping; Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor. Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
• Stock Control; Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
• Tools and audit; Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools within your section Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
• Training and development; Identify needs for specialised training requirements within your area.
• Transport; No person is allowed to operate any equipment without an official driving permit.
• Other duties as directed by the Direct Electrical Supervisor.
• Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
• Electrical or Line Work Certificate
• Valid Driver’s License – Minimum LMV – Manual
• Minimum Two years’ experience in a Mining environment.
• Knowledge of power line hardware.
• Knowledge of LV and MV Transformers
• Knowledge of power line tools and equipment
• Maintenance of Overhead power lines.
• Experience in power line pole climbing gear.
• Good knowledge on power line safety.
• Reading electrical drawings
• Experience on Power Distribution systems will be an advantage.
• Maintenance of Switch yards
• Technical Skills
• Standby and overtime when required
• Exposure to noise/dust
• To do Shift Work When required
• Working at heights
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
Careers to apply internally for this opportunity. If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter. ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Appl using this link