At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
- The Mech, HER will be responsible for safely executing maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others
- The suitable candidate will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Play an integral role in attaining production and cost targets by conducting efficient mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of the entire workshop fleet as may be assigned.
- Assist in achieving optimal availability of the equipment, including but not limited to heavy duty Trucks at all times.
- Provide feedback to supervisors on the functionality of the equipment and factors affecting it.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- Perform diligent record keeping.
- Actively participate in training sessions to develop skills.
- Participate in regular safety meetings and keep the workplace in safe working condition.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- Member of EIZ
- Relevant work experience and valid driver’s licence will an added advantage
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .