At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
As an AC/Refrigerator assistant, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Reports and assists A/C and Refrigeration Technician regarding daily work progress and troubleshooting.
- Attends to all refrigeration and A/C breakdowns on daily basis.
- Works closely with A/C and Refrigeration Technician and peers to carry out preventive maintenance.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations and departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
- Should be able to understand and interpret HVAC and electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair air-conditioning units, refrigeration and building control systems.
- Should be able to install various types of air conditioning units.
- Flexible and team player – able to work on own initiative.
- Keeps all necessary tools in good working condition, keep their working place neat and clean.
- Should be able to determine the type and quantity of material required for a new installation or repair project.
- Assists in determining repairs needed to prevent equipment deterioration.
- Minimum of a craft certificate in refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Member of EIZ and ERB.
- Valid driver’s license will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position
- Standby and overtime when required
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .