HR & Administration Officer (Zambia)
Reporting to: HR Lead (Zambia)
Working hours: Monday to Friday plus alternate Saturdays
What makes you the right person for this role?
Our values resonate with you – Humility, Honesty, Continual Improvement, Customer Focus & Safety.
You enjoy working in an agile team and have the ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership on projects. You enjoy working with people and understand that Human Resources is people-centric and that a focus on the employees will yield strong bottom-line results for the business.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field (Diploma with relevant experience)
- Member of the Zambia Institute of HR Management (beneficial)
- 3 years experience as an HR Generalist (important)
Roles & Responsibilities :-
- Working with Driver Management team in recruiting drivers locally
- Ensure orientation of all new employees is done and recorded appropriately
- Applying for and securing all work permits; keeping these up to date for all expatriate staff
- Filling and Documentation
- Preparing and maintaining clean HR files for all staff including employee contracts, CVs, certificates e.t.c.
- Provides payroll information by daily capturing changes in employee life events
- Processing employee contracts. – Drivers and Workshop
- Works with HRM, Driver trainer to ensure all training records are updated.
- Taking part in disciplinary matters, especially attending disciplinary meetings with HR consultant and ensuring required paperwork and record is up to date.
- Work together with accounts department in making follow-ups for collections for money owed to the company by employees.
- Working closely with HRM in conducting leave, health benefit, and general file audits.
- General facility management including but not limited to the office.
- Maintaining office filing for documents and ensuring safe custody.
- Closely monitoring the office notice board and ensure it is updated with the latest and important information.
- Ensure all due diligence for the company and all vehicles, motorcycles, trucks, and trailers are updated on time.
- Maintain office equipment, stationery, and consumables
- Receiving company guests, arranging for their transport and accommodation.
- Guiding and supervising support staff on daily basis to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Documenting and circulating minutes for general and morning meetings.
- Collecting and dispatching documents from/to suppliers.
- Any other admin duty may be assigned from time to time.
- Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
- Actively support the Alistair Group Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality vision and values.
To apply for this job please visit www.alistairgroup.com .