A Housekeeping Team Leader is responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while monitoring housekeeping standards and assisting the Operations Manager.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards
As a Housekeeping Team Leader, you are responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Housekeeping Team Leader will also be required to assist the head housekeeper and monitor standards.
- Assist with overseeing Housekeeping operations
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Assist Operations Manager to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training to support Operations Manager
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Support managing, training and developing the team
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Housekeeping Team Leader serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- Housekeeping experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of IT proficiency
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- A diploma in Hospitality Management
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
- Experience managing a department and Profit and Loss account
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Hilton Garden Inn – Lusaka
Hilton Garden Inn
Housekeeping and Laundry
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hilton.com .