- Company: Wenco International Mining Systems
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi (Ranking among the top 100 companies in the world according to Fortune Global 500 in 2021), provides industry leading, innovative technologies to customers in the mining and material movement sectors, enabling sustainable and safe operations.
As Wenco continues to build our next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives. We are currently looking for four (4) Hardware Technicians in Zambia to join our Client Services team on a one (1) year contract.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
- Assist with successful repetitive installation work on large range of fleet vehicles
- Assist with hands-on-training on company software and hardware
- Install Wenco hardware systems which include rugged computers, radios, and GPS antennas and antenna cables
- Assist with network installations
- Assist with connecting to various DC volt applications by working with Hardware Specialist/Analyst and mine personnel
- Install, test, troubleshoot and assist with repair company equipment both remotely and on site
- Assist with documentation of installation procedures and provide progress reports
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
Experience required is indicative only. All other job specifications must be met.
Experience and Knowledge
- Certificate in radio, electronics or extensive practical experience to an equivalent level, preferably in mining
- Zero to 2 years of experience in hardware installations
- Understanding of GNSS systems
- Ability to work with Windows OS computers (XPe, XP, Win7, and Win10 IoT operating systems)
- Sound ability to work with hand tools and hand appliances.
- Sound understanding of networking and radio technologies is an asset
- Sound understanding of electrical fault finding
- Electronic, electrical and/or mechanical experience is an asset
- Mining experience/knowledge would be an asset
- Valid driver’s licence (excellent driving record with no major violations)