Jobs at:Zambia Gold Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2021
Within Zambia , Mwinilunga , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kasenseli Gold Limited (KGL) was established on 9th December 2020. It is majority owned by Zambia Gold Company Limited (ZGCL) with 70% shareholding. Other shareholders are PCB Mining Limited with a shareholding of 12.5%, Kampoko Resource with a shareholding of 12.5%, and the Chief Chibwika Chiefdom Trust (on behalf of the Chief Chibwika Community) holding the remaining 5%.
The Company was established with the sole purpose to oversee the mining activities at the kasenseli Mine in Mwinilunga District
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic, and performance-driven to fill the following positions for Kasenseli Gold Limited.
General Manager x 1
Company: Kasenseli Gold Limited
Report to: Board of Directors
To provide oversight of mining operations at the Kasenseli Mine in Mwinilunga.
• To oversee day to day operations at Kasenseli mine in liaison with Zambia Gold Company Limited.
• Develop budgets and adequately manage all resources of the company so as to ensure smooth operations of KGL.
• Ensure the Company operates profitably
• Periodically update KGL board of directors on mining operations on KGL license(s) throughmonthly and quarterly reports.
• Oversee recruitment and performance of KGL staff
• Conduct periodic evaluations of the operations to ensure improved performance of the Company.
• Ensure KGL staff and operations comply with all policies and procedures approved by the board of directors.
• Develop and implement strategies, business plans and budgets as approved by the board of directors.
• Oversee development of appropriate policies and procedures for KGL
• Ensure KGC operates to the satisfaction of all wider stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance on all agreements between KGL and Zambia Gold Company Limited.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Grade 12 Certificate;
• Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Mining or Mineral Processing
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (or its equivalent)
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience
10 years practical experience in a busy environment involving precious minerals including at least 5 years of managerial experience. Proven technical knowledge combined with entrepreneurial drive.
• Communication skills
• Computer skills
• Knowledge of management, mine planning and analysis, financial management and project management.
Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
• Persuasive and Pleasant
Valid Driver’s license
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kasenseli Gold Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Interested, suitably qualified, and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and a copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 11th June 2021 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Gold Company Limited
P.O Box 37215
Kudu Road, Kabulonga