At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for the smooth running of the Mining Fuel Farm.
- Supervise Operations at Fuel Farm HME and Trans tank bays.
- Fill in log book each shift and perform any Required Mine Safety compliance activities
- Facilitate the carrying out of Bowser Dips and Inspections at start and close of each shift.
- Assign Bowser Operators jobs to carry out at the start of the shift.
- Assign Fuel Attendants to HME, Light vehicle and Trans Tank refilling bays
- Ensure Bowser Pre Start Checks are carried out and Documents submitted.
- Coordinating Bowser Field Operations and respond to Fuel Requests.
- Coordinate the receiving and offloading of fuel tankers with the depot managers
- Collect Fuel Bowser Shift Reports for submission
- Prepare an end of shift report
- Manage the shift Crew.
- Coordinate materials requirement and collection from Stores
- Any other duties Management deems necessary
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate or any Technical Certificate from a recognized institution / Equivalent
- Member of EIZ
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- PC Literacy
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to mentor and train personnel
- Committed to quality workmanship
- Committed to safety
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: