Deadline of this Job:
17 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position will be responsible for providing assistance in general fleet management and administration support and ensuring that all other resources related to fleet operations are meet.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Review stocks of fuel and provide recommendations for acquisition
• Review fuel reports from the districts and provide management with monthly reports on fuel issued and usage.
• Monitor and review the vehicle logbook for accurate completion and provide management with monthly reports on vehicle status & usage.
• Keep track of scheduled service time of vehicles and ensure accurate completion in the log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities to the vehicle.
• Assist the Fleet Officer in communicating and collaborating with staff to schedule and coordinate vehicle movements, assess and plan routes, and assign drivers to ensure optimal resource use and meet program needs per required schedules and standards.
• Apply all vehicle management operating procedures in compliance with DAI travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
• Perform regular diagnostic checks of all motorized assets and take action for timely and quality maintenance and repair.
• Supervise the cleaning and maintenance of Vehicles by assigned drivers, refuel the vehicles whenever necessary or when level gets below half of the tank capacity, carry out the necessary daily and weekly check-ups on all vehicles
• Ensure that all the vehicles assigned for field or local trips are road worthy, have a complete first aid kit and spare tyres(s) in good condition, fire extinguishers, the tools and spare parts as mentioned and signed for by him/her in the log book.
• Assist the Fleet Officer in facilitating the scheduling of drivers and helping in processing the advance payments and liquidations for the drivers.
• Coordinates all logistical services required by the project, gives guidance to all SUN TA drivers on the Zambian road traffic regulations, performs any other duties as requested by his/her manager.
• Maintain the vehicle management system for proper accountability. Prepare reports to assist decision-making for effective and efficient fleet management
• Upload fuel receipt scans and log sheet scans onto online portal
• Generate and review Bi-weekly GPS reports
• Review driver overtime
• Assist the Program Assistant in providing administrative support to SMT by processing their payment requests, travel advances, and requests for goods and services, and other documents, as requested, according to DAI-SUN TA processes and procedures
• He/she will assist the Program Assistant in facilitate all transport requests for field visits and local travel for the Senior Membership Team (SMT)and will forward requests to the Fleet Officer in a timely manner
• Assist the Program Assistant in supporting the Senior Management Team (SMT) in regular review and organization of travel plans
• Provide backstop administrative support to districts assigned
Reporting and Supervision:
• The Fleet/Program Assistant directly reports to the Human Resource and Operations Manager.
• Degree, Diploma in Business Administration, Transport and Logistics or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in fleet/transportation and/or logistics management and/or vehicle maintenance and repair.
• Supervisory experience.
• Excellent knowledge of local road traffic regulations, road network and road safety best practices.
• Strong verbal, writing and communication skills essential.
• Excellent impersonal skills and telephone etiquette required.
• Administrative and organizational management skills.
• Experience with Microsoft office.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
• Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job please visit www.fs23.formsite.com .