Fleet and Transportation Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
USAID SCALING UP NUTRITION TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE (SUN TA)
FLEET AND TRANSPORTATION COORDINATOR
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
The Fleet and Transportation Coordinator will perform organizational and management tasks to monitor, maintain and improve SUN TA’s transportation processes. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the USAID SUN TA owned and leased fleet, vehicle management system, and Lusaka-based drivers to meet the travel and transportation needs of the project. The position is also responsible for maintenance and repair of SUN TA owned vehicles, monitoring fuel usage, supervising and coordinating drivers and ensuring the all vehicles meet specified road safety standards. S/he will also oversee the dispatch of hired vehicle. S/he will manage the fuel usage across fuel accounts in Lusaka and the 13 districts. S/he will safeguard the organization’s motorized assets and all other resources related to fleet operations and will ensure the safety and security of passengers and transported goods to minimize risks and liabilities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Regularly update policies to do with fleet management and usage in order to ensure safe and efficient fleet operations.
• Review fuel reports and vehicle logs from the districts and provide management with monthly reports on fuel issued and usage.
• Verify all fuel and maintenance bills and ensure that accurate amounts are captured and paid.
• Reconcile all payments made at the end of every month and submit a detailed report on the fleet and costs incurred.
• Monitor and review the vehicle logbook for accurate completion and provide management with monthly reports on vehicle status & usage.
• Devise a plan for regular vehicle maintenance to ensure efficient and safe running of vehicles as well as to safeguard passengers and the vehicles.
• Keep track of scheduled service time of vehicles and ensure accurate completion in the log book after performing service checks and/or repair activities to the vehicle.
• Develop a vehicle allocation plan to ensure the efficient and effective use of the transport fleet and ensures that wasteful trips are avoided.
• Plan together with the technical staff at Lusaka and district offices every quarter whereby driver and vehicle needs will be forecasted.
• Assign Lusaka project and hired vehicles according to the location, duration and condition of vehicles.
• Manage vehicle files to ensure that each vehicle has accurate data on file such as copies of blue book, police reports and licensing and ensure that all vehicles information can be tracked, and their status can be updated when necessary.
• Communicate vehicle and fuel anomalies to the Operations Manager and Director Finance and Administration and necessary corrective action where any anomalies are noted.
• Ensure proper usage of vehicle logs in order to maintain accurate information of how the vehicles are being utilized and to monitor vehicle mileage.
• Manage the vehicle management systems to ensure that data collected can be analyzed for decision making purposes. This includes overall evaluation of input logs, fuel consumption and maintenance records.
• Prepare monthly GPS reports exported into excel which will be presented to the Operations Manager and Director, Finance and Administration.
• Review and manage vehicle insurance and will ensure that all project vehicles are licensed and have the appropriate licensing as per policy and statutory requirements.
• Ensure that all drivers’ licenses are current and valid in line with statutory requirements.
• Attend to all motor vehicle accidents reports and ensure appropriate documentation has been completed and submitted to the insurance company.
• Ensure that claims on insurance are attended to.
• Apply all vehicle management operating procedures in compliance with DAI travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
• Perform regular diagnostic checks of all motorized assets and take action for timely and quality maintenance and repair.
• Ensure that all the vehicles assigned for field or local trips are road worthy, have a complete first aid kit and spare tyres(s) in good condition, fire extinguishers, the tools and spare parts as mentioned and signed for by him/her in the log book.
• Ensure that there is constant supply of spare tyres in stores, both in Lusaka and the districts.
• Coordinates all logistical services required by the project, gives guidance to all SUN TA drivers on the Zambian road traffic regulations, performs any other duties as requested by his/her manager.
• Provide the necessary coaching to drivers to ensure that drivers are up to date with the best practices in the industry.
• Evaluate the driver’s abilities to perform minor repairs and maintenance in order to ensure staff safety and to prolong the lifespan of the vehicle.
• Educate project and hired drivers on safety and compliance requirements when out in the field.
• Review staff job descriptions and performance and developments plans for drivers. The incumbent will ensure high standards of performance are maintained and necessary skills are acquired where gaps are noted.
• Manage the district driver leave schedules together with the District Admin and Finance Officer (DAFO).
Reporting and Supervision:
The Fleet and Transportation Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and supervises the Fleet Officer and Lusaka based Drivers.
• Dipoma in Transport and Logistics or a degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in fleet and transportation and logistics management.
• Supervisory experience.
• Excellent knowledge of local road traffic regulations, road network and road safety best practices.
• Strong verbal, writing and communication skills essential.
• Excellent impersonal skills and telephone etiquette required.
• Administrative and organizational management skills.
• Experience with Microsoft office.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional skills
• Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/e4kt2wuy1l/index.html