USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels.
The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting: Regional Finance and Administration Manager
Duration: Six Months, up to September 2021
- Ensure that payments are made on timely basis following laid down financial regulations as per USAID and JSI policies governing payables.
- Assist the Regional Finance and Administration Manager with the day-to-day financial and administration operations of the Regional office.
- Provide financial management for the Regional office and manage petty cash float, assist with procurement analysis as required, general Administration and HR filing.
- Submit monthly Regional financial reports to Head Office based in Lusaka for consolidation.
- Prepare and submit on a monthly basis Regional cash flow projection to the Head Office.
- Ensure that advances for the Regional staff are retired promptly in accordance with JSI financial policy.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and any other financial reports.
- Provide guidance to the entire team on charging relevant expenses to their respective codes and budget tracking of both program and admin budgets
- Provide Custody of office inventory.
- Oversee the general administrative functioning of the office, i.e. office maintenance, repairs, house-keeping, and ensure the security of the office, property and staff
- Supervise all the drivers to ensure adherence to responsibilities as per job description and JSI transport policy.
- Ensures the senior driver carries out routine pre-operational checks on the Regional project vehicle(s).
- Check vehicle Log books on a regular basis and ensure fuel reconciliation is done bi- weekly and also manage in-house trip planning.
- Obtain quotes and pro-forma invoices from vendors as directed by the procurement office and regional Finance and Administration Manager, including ensuring that JSI procurement procedures are adhered to
- Act as focal point for all procurement of furniture, equipment and services for the Regional office,
- Receives and sends documents and ensures that a tracking system is in place for in-coming and out-going correspondence.
- Providing support in all training preparation activities taking place in the Region as designated by head office.
- ZICA, ACCA Part II /CIMA Part II or equivalent with at least 2 years of financial and administrative experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience and knowledge of Zambian tax laws and experience working with an NGO preferred.
- Financial & administrative experience with a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules & regulations strongly preferred.
Method of Application
Your application should be sent in one e-mail document consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including daytime contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for and specify the location of your preference in the cover letter, and also give names and contact details of three referees. Please send your applications with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: .
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.