- Company: Project HOPE
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Maintain all accounts and financial records of Project HOPE Zambia by accurately recording and monitoring all daily financial transactions in accordance with Project HOPE’s policies and procedures and organizational guidelines. Prepare budgets, manage and reconcile accounts payable and receivable, prepare payment requisitions, assist with external audits, generate financial reports and maintain a complete filing system to support the financial records and transactions of Project HOPE Zambia.
1. Receive and review all procurement requisitions from the regional offices and program staff and collect all necessary information and documents before submitting them for approval;
2. Prepare all payment requisitions to suppliers in line with Project HOPE financial policies, donor requirements and GAAP principles and submit them for approval;
3. Enter all payment transactions into QuickBooks and other accounting systems as per various Donors’ requests;
4. Process all payments through Electronic Financial Transaction (EFT) payments;
5. Monitor and control all regional petty cash logs, reconciliations and replenishments in QuickBooks and other systems as per various Donors’ requirements;
6. Prepare mid-month and monthly bank reconciliations in order to monitor movement of funds of all programs;
7. Assist in collecting all missing Tax Invoices to be inserted in the VAT Returns before submission to the Receiver of Revenue;
8. Process all Payroll statutory payments and other payroll deductions withheld;
9. Send Proof of Payments and related breakdowns of all payroll withholdings to the related institutions;
10. Scan all payment vouchers and e-mail them to PH HQ on a monthly basis;
11. Maintain a complete filing system of electronic and paper based financial records;
12. Assist GOF to institute effective control systems required to minimize risk inherent in the programs;
13. Collect all missing supporting documents to be attached to payments as per Donors requirements;
14. Assist Country Rep and GOF with all budget and cash forecast preparations;
15. Assist GOF to prepare an audit file for internal and external auditors;
16. Provide support services to technical staff and management to facilitate achievement of targets; and
17. Support other Finance and Administrative staff at the regional offices.
Qualifications and Experience required:
§ A Certificate / Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration;
§ One (1) year’ experience in the field of accounting and administration; and
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
§ A valid Driver’s License will be an added advantage; and
§ Willingness to travel out of duty station and to regional offices.