Jobs at:Chadiza District Women's Development Association
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chadiza District Women’s Development Associations (CDWDAs) is women-led associations that are registered under the Registrar of Societies whose members are derived from different women groups within a district. Chadiza Women District Development Associations is a strong base for building women’s voices at all community levels with the aim of enhancing women’s economic empowerment in their communities, hence the focus on income generating activities. The CDWDAs as women-led organisations have partnered with We Effect Zambia to implement the Swedish funded Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project to be implemented in Eastern, Western, Central and Southern provinces of Zambia. The project activities will be implemented at community level through the District Women’s Development Associations groups and will include among other things; increased access to and control over productive resources, such as land. Mobilize, capacitate, and link women producer groups to affordable markets and support the organisations in gender mainstreaming through gender transformative approaches.
The Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) project with Chadiza District Women’s Development Associations is running from 1st February 2021 to 31st July 2023. The overall objective of the project is to advance women’s economic empowerment to ensure the capacity of women to participate in, contribute to and benefit from agricultural value chains and processes in ways that affirm the value of their contributions, respect their dignity, promote equality in Eastern, Western, Southern and Central Provinces.
We now seek to recruit staff to fill the following vacancy in the project.
Position – Field Officer (01)
Location: Chadiza, Eastern Province Zambia
The Field Officer will manage all field level district activities including managing all M & E systems and related tasks as stipulated in the job responsibilities below:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct regular monitoring and follow up field visits to project sites.
• Routine data collection using approved project data collection tools.
• Consolidate quarterly monitoring charts.
• Collect and document project success stories.
• Proper filing and documentation of project documents.
• Participate in monthly project update meetings.
• Conduct first level data cleaning and analysis and discuss findings with programme team.
• Participate actively in programme planning processes.
• Contribute significantly to report writing by analysing and interpreting the Logframe data for the reporting.
• Submit monthly M&E update reports to the Project Coordinator.
• Coordinate and support community groups and lead farmers on project activities.
• Mobilize community groups during project implementation.
• Regularly update project Logframe.
• Diploma in development studies, Social Work, Agriculture Economics or any other related field.
• A certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation as a post qualification will be added advantage.
• 1 – 3 years progressively responsible in working with M&E systems in an NGO.
• Previous experience working within a team in a cross-cultural setting.
• Conversant in local languages (Nyanja) is a requirement
• Understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) tools
• Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft word and excel)
• Able to ride a motorbike.
• Practical experience working with rural community-based organisation.
• Relevant knowledge in issues related to Agriculture and Development.
• Hard worker and self-determined.
• Basic knowledge in M&E and related concepts including data analysis and interpretation of results is key.
• Self-driven individual
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your Cover letter and CV in soft copy to the email address below;
by 5pm on Friday April 1st, 2022 . Please clearly include the position in the subject line of the email. Finalists will be contacted.
Women and youths are particularly encouraged to apply.